Quote Originally Posted by Shadowstarkirby View Post
Crafted Twister Fall doesn't have any hitstop, making it extremely safe and easy to shift guard out of unlike everything else. Also you shouldn't run Hu/Br since you'll be significantly weaker than if you had subbed Fi. Sword and Katana pretty much overlap in their purpose anyway which is mobbing, so taking both is redundant. Charge Parry is very good as it allows Sword to play more aggressively, 3 points is the least you should put into it imo, you get half a second to parry at start up to nullify damage completely.
Huh, interesting. I did notice that with Nova Strike there are weird moments where I can't guard cancel during the technique.

In my defense, Fighter doesn't let me use Katanas though and it's practically better on almost any main in general because of its massive damage multipliers. But I don't like minmaxing at the expense of fun which is why I decided to go Hu/Br because I like using Katanas and Swords. There aren't any weapons on Fighter that I particularly like at all, which is probably why I don't use it outside of gunslashing or something. I actually don't use Sword for mobbing because I find that it's too slow and has poor mobility compared to the Katana, so I use it more for bossing like hitting weakpoints and the like. Although I feel like that's more of a preference for me. I heard Partizans are amazing for bossing, but I don't like them for some reason so I never used them... D:

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowstarkirby View Post
If you want a good combo for sandbags like Magatsu and you're sure you can survive his attacks while in the middle of your own, Rising Edge > Nova Strike is the best it's gonna get unless you uncraft your Twister Fall, which you shouldn't imo. Sword just doesn't have high DPS regardless.
Yeah, I originally did that too but then just started using Nova Strike because Magatsu likes to move away from you when you Rising Edge which leads to a 50-foot drop from the platforms. Although if I ever finish leveling my Fighter and use it as a sub I'll probably do that to take advantage of Tech Arts.