My main issue with Episode 4 is that it's just changed the game into some sort of MMO-mobage hybrid consisting entirely of chores and not much solid gameplay (though, I guess you could argue it was Episode 3 that really started this trend).

I feel you don't really play PSO2 anymore, just follow the directions given to you through new concepts like Collect Files and the plethora of limited-time / run-limited / scheduled-only Emergency Quests.

Episode 4 would have been good if there was actually content to properly play, but Episode 4 offered none of that. Ultimate Amduscia was a step in the right direction, but Collect Files killed it, along with just being completely forgotten about.

I don't have the game on my computer anymore because it's just simply not fun to pursue your goals, I got tired of doing the same shitty chores over and over again, which couldn't even be done at my own leisure. Will Episode 5 fix this? Maybe, but also probably not.

While many necessary QoL changes ended up coming (Front S-Roll, some ring skills, people have mentioned this) which made the game better to play, the overall design is extremely wonky and unfun.

Episode 2 was definitely the best episode. While it had some shocking balance issues, there was stuff to actually do.