Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Dude lame so i guess no offline multiplayer.... and just when me and my freinds are obssesed with PSO 1&2 offline multiplayer

Sorry for posting again so soon but i think we should still have our characters. i mean PSO should have died out when DC was dicontinued yet i still have love for the game. the point im trying to make no matter if things come to an end like FF7 people will still love it and still have love for the classics.

to be honest the only reason that offline multiplayer was good for me and my friends on PSO was because some of them didn't have reliable internet connections. Now they've sorted it out, s where's the point of leaving the comfort of my room to go to each others houses, when we can have the real PSU experience the way its intended to be had.

Lets not forget splitscreening would probably butcher PSU.

It's not biggie to me really.

On 2006-05-01 11:17, Kai-SIN wrote:
    Sorry for posting again so soon but i think we should still have our characters. i mean PSO should have died out when DC was dicontinued yet i still have love for the game. the point im trying to make no matter if things come to an end like FF7 people will still love it and still have love for the classics.
    Yeah, that's true, but client-side saving would mean risking increased cheating during the game's height in exchange for the appeasement of the minority of people who will want to play 7 years after its release. Yeah, sure it would be nice for those in that minority, but it's just not a fair trade from an objective view. At least you'll still have story mode =P

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Axios- on 2006-05-01 11:22 ]</font>

PSOBB is a good example of how much more beneficial server side saving for the game is. For a time people had figured out duping and some hacks, but eventually it was weeded out. If you play it now, it's mostly legit.

Basically server side saving keeps little 12 year old Timmy from using his Action Replay ^_^

True, Action Replay sucks, and so does Duping/Hacking..
    Of course, it will come..but what if Sega made such a powerful anti hack system, that it was almost impossible to the average user to do it? XD

Doubt it anyways...

Well Server Side is good, yay!
    I hate when they delete your characters though..

Will you even be able to play extra mode offline? My understanding was that you would still need to be online to access single player mode (atleast for the pc version). I would assume this would be you'd need to be online to access extra mode aswell.

if it turns out to true Isuki, then yes :S

It would have been an interesting idea is ST would allow you to save your online character to a memory card, yet not allow you to upload it. Lets say you play for 2 years, decide to not play onlien anymore. Then you could save you online character to memory unit and play with him in extra mode and continue using your character. However, if you wish to play onlien again lets say a month later, you cant upload any progress you have made. So once you play online again, its the same place you left off a month ago.

Just a though.

That would be neat, seriously.