Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Crazy Awesome Old Potato Man Guy HAYABUSA-FMW-'s Avatar

The DS Lite is an improvement however.

And why would a nunchuck need to be more sensitive?

This isn't like a Final Fantasy XI Expansion. People who haven't bought a DS yet have a choice of this improved version. Don't need it, nobody is forcing you to upgrade.

I'll have to wait this one out, until the inevitable multitude of colors comes out with subsequent free games.

Circuit City has an online coupon for a free copy of Brain Age with purchase of DS Lite I've seen this week though, tempting.

On 2006-06-14 22:32, Balthor wrote:

Unlike Square making spin off, after spin off of FF7, which I bet you don't mind, hmm?
    Yeah, and the reason Square is doing so is because of the insane amount of demand there is to revisit the FF7 universe. People are clamoring all over themselves at the merest hint that the "tech demo" was in fact a secret little preview of an FF7 remake.

I know the very thought of an FF7 remake with good graphics and (hopefully) redone localization makes me all giddy. ><

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-06-14 22:57 ]</font>

Hmmm. Funny you should say the things you say.

I've had mine for a good three-four weeks before it was stolen.
    Qutie personally, it's more for aesthetics than for a gaming. Honestly, I would not recommend a Lite if you plan on playing controlpad/button based games.
    It's relatively hard to snake in mkds, and it also slows me down in tetris (personal note)

I really like the touchscreen's sensitivity though. Hence, meteos and brain age were the onyl two games I've played with it.

As for the mic, it might just be me, but the original ds had a better (more responsive) mic. The lite doesn't pick up me saying colors for the lite, wheras it did on the original. (hence, I avoid the voice activated communications altogether) However, my nintendog is more responsive to the Lite's mic though.

Meh, if I can manage to scrounge up the money after getting out of my current debt, I might invest in another. Doubt it though.

The Master of Mispeled Words Moo2u's Avatar

I missed out on the DS, so with the new Mario game I'll lookin' to buy a DS lite. Anyone want to give me an idea of what games I should get?

I wont be getting one unlss they make a pink one I like my big DS
    http://princessash1ey.tumblr.com/ < My little gaming blog.

Oh. Ya. Almost forgot.

@OP, you said "There are brightness settings on the DS Lite, the lowest being what the highest setting was on the original DS."
    Silly Tryp. ... The original DS had the backlight ON or OFF. >_>;;

Not sure for exact specifications, but the htird level of brightness is on par with the game boy micro, if memory serves, and that thing's already blinding.

@moo, if you plan on using touchscreen based games, I'll go ofr the lite. Otherwise, the original is sufficent.

On 2006-06-14 22:32, Balthor wrote:
    On 2006-06-14 22:24, Zelutos wrote:
    Unless my old DS breaks, i won't be buying a Lite. Why? Because i hate it when they do these kinds of things just to make more money.

You all just watch...after a year of the Wii being out, there will be a smaller version launched, and a more Sensitive Nunchuck will be out as well....Oh the things they do for money
    Unlike Square making spin off, after spin off of FF7, which I bet you don't mind, hmm?
    You got me

And Haya, i was just using it as an example

On 2006-06-15 20:19, Firocket1690 wrote:
    Oh. Ya. Almost forgot.

@OP, you said "There are brightness settings on the DS Lite, the lowest being what the highest setting was on the original DS."
    Silly Tryp. ... The original DS had the backlight ON or OFF. >_>;;
    Right, ON was the brightest setting, you see? The brightest setting on the old is as bright as the lowest setting on the new.

... Well then, my DS Lite already has a dead pixel on the top screen. I'm exchanging it today for a new one.

To transfer old Wifi data and or settings use a Wifi compatible game and select transfer data from the wifi setting menu. From there turn on the DS Lite and select download play. If you had done this correctly your friend code should stay the same without getting a replacement friend code.

I got mine on the day it came out. Hopefully, the battery life on the DS Lite will exceeds it's predecessor.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: blace on 2006-06-17 11:48 ]</font>
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.