Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Because their instanced?

And I believe a dungeon is a full dungeon. For example, Ruins is a dungeon. Ruins 1,2, and 3 are floors in the dungeon.

On 2006-07-17 18:25, Saner wrote:
    like Linear Line for example. that has like 1-2 areas I think. is that like counting as a single whole dungeons or 2 dungeons?
    Come on, of course they dont count as two dungeons, else the beta (with four areas) would've been nearly the whole game. Relics alone had 4 levels I believe

On 2006-07-17 18:30, Kasuke wrote:
    Because their instanced?
    What does that have to do with the maps being random? PSO did not have "randomized" dungeons, it had 3 or 4 variations per area that it chose randomly

I believe I read something saying they would... ... to provide a new game experience while playing through the same dungeon.

-edit- the .. .. indictaes where I leave off and where I restart, the info missing is irrelevant.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kasuke on 2006-07-17 18:38 ]</font>

Saner, why do you always have random food items in your posts?

Their not random, they reflect the sentence before them. Like fries, the indicate sidequests, because, fries are the most common side dish to a fast food meal.

Down for the Getdown

Yeah, Sony is copying Nintendo with the motion-sensing controller.

(get it? cause pepsi copies coke!)

Sky Guard Captain

On 2006-07-17 19:19, DizzyDi wrote:

And the motion sensing tech is actually diffirent in both controllers. So technically its not a copy. For Nintendo the games are made for motion sensing. For Sony the motion sensing is just like extra buttons...big difference.

(Pepsi didn't copy Coke. Coke had cocaine in it and Pepsi had pepsin and was much sweeter. Coke actually copied Pepsi by making their drink sweeter when their formula was changed. Thats my take on it.)

Oh but thats off topic.

I think there'll be 20 areas ^_^...I hope. Much more fun that way, and I hope thats just to begin with (more areas locked on disk?).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Oji_Retta on 2006-07-17 19:34 ]</font>

What do the other ones mean?

On 2006-07-17 19:34, Oji_Retta wrote:
    On 2006-07-17 19:19, DizzyDi wrote:

And the motion sensing tech is actually diffirent in both controllers. So technically its not a copy. For Nintendo the games are made for motion sensing. For Sony the motion sensing is just like extra buttons...big difference.

(Pepsi didn't copy Coke. Coke had cocaine in it and Pepsi had pepsin and was much sweeter. Coke actually copied Pepsi by making their drink sweeter when their formula was changed. Thats my take on it.)
    It still made me laugh.

The content question is kind of an interesting one. I know content will be limited by the scope of the PS2 memory card, or at least that's what the articles made it sound like. The question is how much data do they need to send to make a new quest. I would think (but have no real knowledge which makes me an expert around here) that it really doesn't take much to get a mission going. Probably enough to set the number of floors, floor dimension, monster types, and boss monster. All of the models and textures are going to be on the disk so it's just a matter of telling your consol what to use. If it's as simple as it seems like then I would think tha t new missions could be created at will, limited only by textures and models. Maybe by 20 different dungeons what they mean is 20 types of terrain (ie forest, desert, cave, lava cave, etc) and by 14 bosses, it's 14 different boss models. Those models are probably further customisable by color, size, maybe they're distortable like characters during character creation. So with the 14 different models there are still tons of different combinations...

Of course I dont even know if any of that is possible, it just seems to me that if I made a game like this that's how I would do it.