Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

(Admin: Please do not bump or lock this thread, as this is a plea to start a momevent for obtaining a keyboard, not information on how to get or make one)

In recent news, Nintendo of America was not planning right out to bring over the two bonus disks obtained by Japanese players who reserved Zelda: The Wind Waker. However, after about 500 or so calls directly to the company's information line later inquireing about NoA's plans on the disks, they have announced that the disks will indeed be brought over in a similar fashion to the Japanese promotion.

This is how this relates to PSO. Using the same sort of thinking, it is quite possible to ask the users of PSO to start calling AGETEC and telling the fools that we need ourselves ASCII's board. Yes, I fear that it is a long distance call. But a short, simple request/question does the job nicely, and if you feel like talking to them for more than 20 minutes, go ahead and use that service that ALF and Hulk Hogan likes to shill. Now keep in mind the following should you choose to accept your mission:

***DO NOT*** call Nintendo /OR/ Sega. They have nothing to do with this, nor do they give a flying hoot about the process since it's purely a third party device.

PLEASE be polite and curteous. Telling them 'frag you for not bringing out a keyboard you stupid aftfrackers!' (or something along that line, watered down for general audiences or not ^.-) does not help us in the slightest, and you should go back to trying to kill people on Quake Arena or Unreal Tournament if you feel compelled to do so, you angry little child.

Remember, with expressing a interest to the companies that is most likely to able to make us / domesticly release for us a keyboard, we are showing that we do indeed care about this game and are ready and willing to shell out the cash for a board... if it comes over here that is ^-^ And by all means, feel free to drop http://www.gckeyboardnow.com while you're talking to them.

(For AGETEC's number and buisness hours, please check http://www.agetec.com)

This is old and pointless. Sorry. ^o^

old and pointless maybe but shes completely (cont spel) right about it.
    we NEED to get something done about or keyboard situation. pso used to be so full of interesting people and now sega has taken every step to skrew over and stomp PSO into a dry unrewarding experience. to be honest, im better off with the equaly silent NPCS who dont seem to have the habbit of completely abandoning you in mid combat over the appearance of a red box. sega really shoved its foot up its ass...
    suprise suprise

Your opinion has been noted PlatinumGame, thank you for the time and effort that it took to write down such an uplifting and enouraging thought... and please, drive through!

They already know about the keyboard situation...

Quite frankly, I don't see a big market. PSO is selling luke-warm at best, and is the only online game for the GC, and as far as I know, there aren't any other online games coming soon for the GC.

This all means that a company is relying on 1 game for the success of a peripheral - one that's not cheap to make. I can see a converter of sorts being releasd, but to rely on a small market and what will certainly be small profits is... not a good business decision.

I really dont think we need a keyboard for PSO, because how are you going to type something in the heat of battle, hm? ya ur tryin to tell ur buddy "Back me up before this Hildetorr ge---" and ur already dead.

On 2002-12-24 10:07, DanceOfTheDeer wrote:
    I really dont think we need a keyboard for PSO, because how are you going to type something in the heat of battle, hm? ya ur tryin to tell ur buddy "Back me up before this Hildetorr ge---" and ur already dead.
    n00b

No, sorry, I'm just kidding and you have a point. But we used to play PSO with gamepad and keyboard during the DC days, and it was awesome.

But Phalanx has a good point as usual: if no one can make serious money from the keyboard business, there will most likely be no keyboard business.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: neko-chan on 2002-12-24 10:22 ]</font>

On 2002-12-24 06:58, Ghen wrote:
    Your opinion has been noted PlatinumGame, thank you for the time and effort that it took to write down such an uplifting and enouraging thought... and please, drive through!
    I don't like to lie. ^o^

Nice to know that everyone's being all nice and cheery on the subject *snorts*.

On 2002-12-24 10:07, DanceOfTheDeer wrote:
    i dont recall ever even thinking of talking while there was a hildetorr around