Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Someone had mentioned VH forest vs H ruins... they are absolutely corret. The exp and drops in H ruins were much better, and easier, then doing VH forest. people should really stop complaining, and just enjoy the fact that they are playing an excellent game. Besides that, how many ppl are actually going to stick with the JP version of the game who are playing? So just play and have fun, because if you are getting the US version, you are going to be starting all over again.

The Local Bartender

Yeah, I agree. Ryoga put it pretty well, XD

On 2006-09-10 14:07, Ryoga4523 wrote:
    Someone had mentioned VH forest vs H ruins... they are absolutely corret. The exp and drops in H ruins were much better, and easier, then doing VH forest. people should really stop complaining, and just enjoy the fact that they are playing an excellent game. Besides that, how many ppl are actually going to stick with the JP version of the game who are playing? So just play and have fun, because if you are getting the US version, you are going to be starting all over again.
    I'm going to go ahead and call that bullshit.

You cannot tell me, with a straight face, that the time/exp ratio was better in Hard Ruins than in Very Hard Forest. To say the Hard mode Drops were better than Very Hard drops is just idiocy. Maybe in terms of probabability, but not in terms of actual usefulness.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

I've seen a similar thread about 'worthless B missions' on Japanese boards so this seems like a legitimate problem. If most of the players are just plowing through C missions over and over instead of playing B missions, that definitely indicates some sort of balancing problem. I've also read that in C missions Forces just use handgun to tag enemies for exp because the RA and HU kill things too fast...

If any of this stuff is true, then Sonic Team needs to rebalance the game so that players want to do missions that are actually appropriate for their current level.

On 2006-09-10 15:30, ecchichuu wrote:
    I've also read that in C missions Forces just use handgun to tag enemies for exp because the RA and HU kill things too fast...
    Dunno about that.. some force spells take some time to cast, but.. if anything.. forces kill stuff faster than RA and HUs. =
    Creator of Tethealla, Administrator of Ephinea.

Actually, in PSO, Forest stuff on the next level up *is* worse than Ruins stuff on the previous one. Drops-wise, anyway, outside of rares. VHard Ruins is a better way to make money selling crap than Ult Forest is, though if your Ult Forest has any decent drops you'll probably want to spend time there instead. (And there is no meseta problem in PSO that cannot be solved by a few minutes in Ult Ruins and selling the armors/shields you picked up, anyway, speaking as someone who goes through Trifluids like mad. >_> )

PSUJP: Nai Calus, M. B. 176 FI 20 | Elly, F. N. 42 FT 5 Requiescat in pace.

Skilled Fighter
    man i dont live in manitoba what the hell

On 2006-09-10 15:33, watashiwa wrote:
    Dunno about that.. some force spells take some time to cast, but.. if anything.. forces kill stuff faster than RA and HUs. =
    They kill things faster, but they don't tag things faster. As a Force, even if you can kill two enemies in ten seconds, there's probably 6-8 enemies in the room, and in a group of 4+ players, a lot of enemies might not live that long.
    Playing a Force without a gun is a game of constantly scrambling to hit everything in the room if you're playing in an area that's fairly weak compared to your characters. It's not so bad in a stronger area, but (like the thread is about) the stronger areas generally aren't rewarding enough until you get strong enough that they are the easy areas.

Edit: Not to mention that Forces can 'miss' a lot easier than Hunters and Rangers, since in the time it takes to cast a tech, a Hunter can knock an enemy across the room and out of range with a PA, and if you're using a projectile tech, they move pretty slowly.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cross on 2006-09-10 17:08 ]</font>

I did some testing in Linear Line

lvl 1 dimenian - 4 exp (70 hp)
    lvl 1 penguin - 2 exp (50 hp)

lvl 5 dimenian - 8 exp (aprox 120 hp)
    lvl 5 penguin - 4 exp (aprox 100 hp)

lvl 20 dimenian - 23 exp
    lvl 20 penguin - 13 exp (aprox 825 hp)

lvl 25 dimenian- 28 exp
    lvl 25 penguin - 16 exp

lvl 30 dimenian - 33 exp
    lvl 30 penguin - 19 exp (aprox 1600 hp)

The harder difficulties are totally worth it. The things that bugs me the most though is that the enemy HPs are pretty much the only thing that changes. Sure they hit a little bit harder, and might have higher evade, but the only big change is their staggering HP. They have the exact same defense, magic defense, and movement speed. The last one is really killer, since it was a major difference between difficulties in PSO. Imagine monsters in ult moving at the crawl they do in normal mode, thats what A-Rank linear line is like

Edit: Forgot to mention, these are exp values for getting the killing blow. You only get 66% or so exp for tagging an enemy now, so if you're doing the harder stages in a full group you can count on getting even less exp

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ether on 2006-09-10 18:42 ]</font>

how many ppl are actually going to stick with the JP version of the game who are playing?
    Not that it's relevant in the least, but I will stay on JP. Thus, I will keep w/ my complaining I guess.

if anything.. forces kill stuff faster than RA and HUs. =
    Maybe on the easier missions. I jumped in a Relics game today w/ a Ranger and a Force. Both about the same level as me. When we finished, one of them said, "It's much easier with a hunter in here". At this point, there aren't a lot of techs that do high damage to multiple enemies, so the Force characters get screwed.

but the only big change is their staggering HP.
    I will have to do some tests. I recall doing much less damage w/ the same weapons against higher level monsters. Even so... that still doesn't make it "worth it". Remember, you have to pay to replenish your Photon Arts...something that you rely on against the tough guys.

If you can make more money and experience solo-ing an easier level than a hard one, what do you think most people are going to do? I don't scour for other games, but I notice a LOT of single-player games, and only 1 or 2 at any given time of 3+ players.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GaijinPUnch on 2006-09-10 20:50 ]</font>

When you consider on low - mid LV, you will think better play rank C
    but once you high LV,you will think better play rank B-A , this is the same as no LV 100 want to play forrest in normal mode. it is too easy!!
    And compare money and exp, for money, solo will get faster. for exp,team will get faster