Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I'll feel constricted.

I understand this, will be like others games as ff and wow.
    I think so...

I dont mind about japanese players , they can choose where they want play or if im not wrong they can play on both server with different carachters.

Im just wondering about EU and US servers maybe they wont be linked if game sell lots copy.
    I think they will made 2 servers as jp1 and jp2 for dont have same problems.

On 2006-09-12 11:23, TheStoicOne wrote:
    I'll feel constricted.
    I know what you mean. But it's for the good of the community over there. It says that as is, the servers won't be able to run normally... And that would harm the players more then a seperation of servers.

Well, it'd be nice to get a full translation of this article, this is really front page news. Hopefully this does solve the problem though. Do you think they're going to move players over to world 2 by default or anything?

I gotta say, this sounds like something out of Final Fantasy XI or World of Warcraft. A shame that, if I'm understanding this correctly, they'll be splitting the PSU population in two. Doesn't look so good for JP/NA/EU cross compatibility if the same thing happens in each region.

I've sat down and translated it, and I'm going to have to eat my own mistranslation. Migration has not been guaranteed up to this point. Once world 2 opens for business, the current world will become "World 1" for nomenclature sake.

It seems like the main problem was that server structure wasn't very scalable at all?
    Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

On 2006-09-12 13:34, A2K wrote:
    It seems like the main problem was that server structure wasn't very scalable at all?
    Right On.
    There was no implementation at all for overflow, so when the servers got hammered, the system simply broke down.
    On the PSU Uploader site, someone posted a picture of what the RO server structure looks like, it basically divides the character data management between the servers, equalizing the load. Not that at this point they could implement that, but if one World can "almost" handle it, two most definitely could.

Anyways, here's a reading translation:

"We realize that there have been many inconveniences for both the players and our personnel since the Network service began. There is no excuse for our underestimation and we apologize profusely. When the original determination of the network issues had been completed, we attempted to alleviate the issue with the addition of more Universes, however, this did not resolve the Login problems, nor completely stabilize the game.

Facing the situation at hand, we have decided to install an entire new "World" to Phantasy Star Universe. The addition of an entirely new server will drastically improve game performance by balancing load, allowing the network to operate as designed. After this installation, we should more than be able to meet our goal of completing the balance of network stability according to schedule. We again, ask for your understanding as we finalize this major change to the network. This addition and announcement will not affect our decision to grant a free month's play (through October) to eligible players as previously announced.

Concerning the installation of the new "World":

Server load distribution for The new "World"

To offer a smoother gameplay environment, we have decided to implement an additional world of universes. The alleviation of the server load and balance between the two worlds will guarantee players will be able to log into the game whenever it is available (though the servers will still have a high population during peak hours, 8pm - Midnight JST).

World implementation and gameplay topology

Each "World" will be completely independent. It will not be possible to openly move between Worlds. You will be able to select the desired World to log into when starting Network play. Each account (unique SEGAlink ID and password) will be able to create up to 4 character per world (up to a total of . New characters will be bound to the world they are created in.

Current Schedule:

9/14 1900 - 9/15 1500: Maintenance
    Periodic Maintenance will be accompanied by the installation of the new World.

9/15
    Once our testing of the new World ends, the game will reopen for service. An update to the PSU client will be distributed.

For the remainder of the month, the newly established worlds will be monitored in accordance with previous announcements.

Concerning known issues:

The following issues, which have been intermittent since launch have been resolved as of 9/11:

-Character Data Overwriting
    -Unnecessary Character Data Reloading
    -Overtime Character data locking

As of now, we are working on the following:

-Login Problem
    -My Room access problems
    (Note: Pending installation of World 2)

Concerning any continued issues

Restating our findings, tthe problems which have been so far identified are due to overflow in the databases, which lead to character reloading and character overwriting. In our multi-pronged effort to alleviate the more serious issues, our hand was forced to make some system changes, which lead to other problems inadvertently. We began inspecting data and information from the code level up, in addition to performing daily maintenance to ensure some modicum of usability for the players, and were met with some success, however there was simply too few resources to meet access requirements. Therefore, the addition of this new "World" should dramatically improve the game's stability.

Everyone should feel at ease moving forward, as we are continuing to build a network environment in which everyone can participate."

*I apologize if I confused anyone with my original assertion regarding character data after the server opening, I misinterpreted the red note at the bottom of the server picture. It basically states that the current set of universes that are now in use will be known as "World 1" once the new World is installed and active.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: uhawww on 2006-09-12 14:54 ]</font>

I certainly hope that is a temporary measure, and that in the future for the long term, they'll be able to fuse the two together and implement a new, scalable, and unified server structure. Although, by the time that occurs I assume I'll be long transferred over to the US/EU servers.

And... "Multiverse" would probably be a better term than "World". Someone tell Sonic Team that.
    Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

the thing is.....what if I created a char(i only want to have one!!) and I decided to play in the first world...then a friend of mine, with his char obviously, got bound to the world 2.....we would never be able to play together!!

if i understood that right, it doesnt sound a good idea at all!!!

Then youcould create another character on the world that his haracter is on.