Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Game runs smooth as milk on my 360. Don't know what's wrong with your connection.

Common Sense 'R Us

On 2006-11-04 00:50, Ryogen wrote:
    Game runs smooth as milk on my 360. Don't know what's wrong with your connection.
    Yeah. Me too. Zomg it runs 1080p now too.

360 here runs great. if you cant get in at first, hit disconnect, not retry. always works for me.

Cast Acrofighter. WTB Robochao mag AlphaMinotaux's Avatar

my only guess is the ones with problems are having an issue with thier router internal firewall or maybe bad signal with the wirelss if they have one?

On 2006-11-02 12:59, JaiBlue wrote:
    *Has a stupidly enjoyable smirk on his face* and yes, I'am aware that "stupidly" isn't a real word. >_<
    Could you be anymore of a troll?

TROLLHAMMAREN!

On 2006-11-02 12:59, Guitarsmasher wrote:
    3 Mbps connection??? either thts a typo, or you need a faster connection, mine is 108 Mbps
    No you don't

On 2006-11-02 12:59, Guitarsmasher wrote:
    3 Mbps connection??? either thts a typo, or you need a faster connection, mine is 108 Mbps
    3 mbps isnt slow at all. 108 mbps sounds unlikly unless you have T5 / business optic cable are you are paying like 100-200 bucks a month.

Arimanius, if your ISP doesn't support upload speed then they don't support download speed (most internet protocols including TCP are synchronous and chatty, they need upload to do fast download). Charter is a cable company, and it sounds like the problem you are having is that you have a heavily shared line. If your new data package doesn't work out, you may have to get DSL to get a gaming-friendly connection. I had to do this back when I lived in a densly populated apartment complex.

But don't discount that maybe your local network is the problem. My friend had a problem with an older linksys gateway he used, when ports were opened via UPnP (which PSU needs) they were unreliable and slow. I had problems getting the 360 to play nice with my airport hub and have UPnP work in the first place.

Good luck.
    I have a co-worker that lives a few blocks away that's going to test her connection. It will be interesting to see what she gets. It's not my home network I took everything out of the loop and hooked my PC up to the cable modem when I was doing the testing. Your right it might just be my network segment being overloaded, but when I went up to the next higher package I saw an increase in my upload speed. The lower package is capped at 256k where the higher pacakge upload speed is capped at 524k. I'm still not getting enough upload speed to get rid of the lag, but it did make the game playable. It's curious because unless I was hitting the 256k cap going up to the higher package shouldn't of made a difference.

On 2006-11-04 08:10, Shinomaru wrote:

3 mbps isnt slow at all. 108 mbps sounds unlikly unless you have T5 / business optic cable are you are paying like 100-200 bucks a month.
    I think he's just confusing his wireless speed and his internet speed.