right now im a level 20 beast and I thought it could be interesting to play as a force. so I switched, bought a starra wand and a few spells. currently Im doing 105 damamge with diga to level 20 koltovas and that seems a bit low. are my suspicions correct? and should I just make a human or newman if I wanna play as a force?

Lv1 Force (I assume)
    Lv1 Diga (I assume)
    Lv20 Koltova

Do you see the problem?

Force should be lv2-4 and the spells you use the most should be 10-20 by now. You need to take time to level them up before you decide to drop Force. I need to level Ranger and Force soon because Hunter is capped, but force looks to be the hardest for me because of a gimped resta with my npcs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-06 00:43 ]</font>

PSO2-JP: Ship 2; Bouncer/Braver, Tiana Cross.

On 2006-11-06 00:41, Garnet_Moon wrote:
    Lv1 Force (I assume)
    Lv1 Diga (I assume)
    Lv20 Koltova

Do you see the problem?

I don't! Lets go! I love doing that *grabs his Saber and goes after the highest level monsters he can at level 1" Come on! We can take it...as long as we DON'T get hit.

Anyway, I'm biased. I prefer my Newman to Beast or Human, but hey, you wanna play force? Go ahead. Now I gotta admit, you're gonna have some trouble against level 20 monsters, but if you play smart enough you SHOULD be fine. I don't see why not, really. I've done it.

...it just doesn't seem too smart in retrospect

i think this needs to be clarified, but my FORCE is level 1, the CHARACTER is level 20. and my diga is level 5, but how much of a difference are levels on my technics and on my class gonna make?

Right now my Lv27 FO7 Newearl is doing constant 350-650 per Diga cast. Use that as a gauge. I think my Diga is capped at 20. I use it so much that if it's not i'd be surprised.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-06 01:08 ]</font>

On 2006-11-06 01:11, atomisk wrote:
    i think this needs to be clarified, but my FORCE is level 1, the CHARACTER is level 20. and my diga is level 5, but how much of a difference are levels on my technics and on my class gonna make?
    I know exactly what you mean. No need to double post.

When I switched my Beast Hunter Lv45 to Force my damage sucked even on C-Grade enemies. Same with Ranger. Class level is what provides damage, character level unlocks stage requirements.

You wanna start up as a fresh Force? Fine. You're going to be as weak as a fresh one too. You need class level to do any sort of damage or healing, not character level. Character level just bumps all your stats up. Class level is what turbo charges your specialized traits.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-06 01:15 ]</font>

Another problem is that you're using a Starra wand. Wands already have lower TP (Damage) than Rods, and Starra being a yohmei wand has even lower TP than the GRM and Tenora ones.

Get a Rayharod and your damage should go up a lot

I misunderstood, sorry.