Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Similarities between completely unrelated games made by the same company? Pfft, that never happens! Think of it as a good spoof movie. There's little things that you see and hear from completely unrelated stuff, everything from movies to games to real world events. It's a way of allowing them to better connect with the audience as they go, "OH YEAH! I remember that!" or "That's just like..."

On 2006-11-11 06:18, Realmz wrote:

Jet Set Radio was made by Smilebit and produced by SEGA, smilebit was not owned at this time.

Ristar, NiGHTs, Sonic, Phantasy Star is Sonic Team (AM- (then headed by Yuji Naka, and the most well known Sega dev team)

Space Channel 5 and Rez were made by United Game Artists. That was a second party company made by SEGA, in 2003 it was merged with Sonic Team.
    I believe at the time of making of those games those development teams were still development teams of Sega. They just went through a name change from AM# -> different names.

I mean, when you think about it, the original Phantasy Star series was a product of AM5 -> Overworks, which went into making Eternal Arcadia. :>

I know that is never happening, but I really, really wanna play a super graphic version of NiGHTs.

*Swings large blades*

SoA was developed by OverWorks and PSU was developed by Sonic Team; two different branches of Sega... so any similarity is just co-incidence really...

Skies of Arcadia also borrowed quite a bit from Phantasy Star IV, which was developed by the team that became OverWorks, who developed Skies of Arcadia. In fact, Skies of Arcadia was designed by Reiko Kodama who was responsible for Phantasy Star, Phantasy Star II and Phantasy Star IV. That a Phantasy Star game should turn out to have similarities to Skies of Arcadia should really come to no great surprise.

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016