Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

I was in a mission with a couple people from PSOW last night and I was the leader. One thing I hate about me being a leader is removing people from the party which isn't what I like. I always see it as giving a person a chance instead of booting them off without an explanation, it makes me seem like the wicked witch of the west when I do it so I normally don't remove someone unless it is totally right.

Last night some guy enters a party with me and a few people and he seemed like a nice guy untill he started cursing for no reason and acting like...a child, yeah that's a better term for it. He was a smart-mouth and when Crokar, I beleive it was who told him to pipe down because there was a girl (Me) in the room and all of that was not needed. He apologizes in a smart way but I ignore it because I'm not bothered by it. Then he disrespects Crokar and basically everyone els in the party and he was crossing the line with it. He says something rude and I reply, "No comment" and replies back, "Good because I don't want to hear it" Hmm, I sure hope he realizes I am the party leader..Well after that we finished the mission and I was going to abandon mission so we could do De Ragon run over again but the guy activates the crystal after everyone said not to touch it. So we were transported back to the last level lobby and we now had to do the crumby missions. He then told me to boot him and stuff but before I got to he left the party. Heh, wow what a waste of time.

-----------------------------------------------------

Later me and a couple people did a C rank mission and most people were low level, I'm talking about ranging from 7-15 and they kept dieying left and right..(Mostly by those things that chuck Megid in your face) But I saw this as not such a big problem because I think it wouldn't be fair to boot them and it was just a C rank and all I wanted was to have fun.

My question is, am I too nice? Is it getting the better of me?

Gahhhhhh.... Yes, you're too nice. I would have booted him out with the smartass remark he made. Of course I give people chances, but when they start crossing the line, that would have let me take them out XD

Sorry to hear that party stuff wasn't going well for you. Was the rest of the night, nice? I know I only got to travel with ya for only a little bit before that party kind of broke up.

In general, it's always tough to do the booting thing, no matter what. But on the other hand, perhaps it is also good to not tolerate such ill behavior as well. Don't want to give the impression that that kind of conduct is acceptable.

I'm pretty sure that after a boot, they may come to their senses and realize they did go out of line. Still it's a situation not many leaders want to be put in.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-12-06 10:17 ]</font>
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

I don't boot unless someone makes it very apparent they should get booted, and in this case, that guy would have been booted. I was playing earlier this week who was complaining about SEGA not updating fast enough and blah, and how he's been waiting for 2 weeks with his level 50 character and blah blah. So I kicked him, and right after I did everyone thanked me. Certain people deserve to be kicked. Personally dieing is not a reason to kick... UNLESS, there was a time I was carrying 10 scape dolls and offered them to people so they wouldn't die, and then someone died when they had refused to take one, that is annoying and I would kick them for that.

THE JACKEL

I was inching towards the remove button but I kept debating with myself over it. I didn't like how he disrespected everyone and myself included and I should have booted him to save us the trouble of having to listen to him

The rest of the night was great, the reason why I left the party you was in was because I had a full inventory and needed to unload items.

Erroneous Deity

Well, I'll comment from the bottom up. It seems that you were just messing around in that mission. So if people were dropping like flies because they're getting purple beach balls thrown at them, its fine. Making an assumption on the given levels (7-15), they might still be learning some stuff (if they're not vets).

Hell, I was level 2X when I saw those mobs with the megid balls. I'm an old PSO vet from ver. 1, 2, and GC. And I was like "oooo pretty..." before I got killed for the first/last time from a megid ball. Now I'm like "its Ob Lilys all over again!"

However, for the first story. You should have kicked him out from the time he started being rude. Stupidity is not a handicap. If you're friends you should enjoy your experience.

If someone comes in and is cool and helpful, then you made a new friend. If you have a jerk like that in a mission, kick'em. I don't think you'll want to party with him anyway.

while i dont care if people die in the missions i do, i will not tolerate a idiot who think he can say what he wants because his identity is masked by the internet. he will recive the boot up his arss with no lubricant what so ever.

--_! Zoo !_--

sorry to be totally racist, but do you happen to be Chinese?

My Current Favorite Poster: KubaraManiac JAFO22000's Avatar
    Texas Chainsaw Mascara, 'cause that's where you're from!

Unfortunatly, this guy was a douche. More than likely, he gets his jollies off of annoying people. Because of his actions, he WANTED to get booted. For some reason, people find this fun.

The WORST thing you can do is post about people like this. Just ignore them and they'll go away.

On 2006-12-06 10:21, Tra wrote:
    sorry to be totally racist, but do you happen to be Chinese?
    No, I'm African American. What does that have to do with this topic?