Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

What kind of idiot says "Sir, is your credit card number _______________________?"

It's kind of hard to slip when your procedure book says "DO NOT DISCLOSE INFORMATION TO CALLER."

You would have to be RETARDED to think "Well, he hasn't got the phone number or the address right...I'll reset the password for him anyway."

It's bullshit. End of story.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

On 2006-12-17 17:17, Zeta wrote:
    What kind of idiot says "Sir, is your credit card number _______________________?"

It's kind of hard to slip when your procedure book says "DO NOT DISCLOSE INFORMATION TO CALLER."

You would have to be RETARDED to think "Well, he hasn't got the phone number or the address right...I'll reset the password for him anyway."

It's bullshit. End of story.
    Except it isnt done with one call. Theres a whole thread about this in the cheaters section.

They keep trying until they get one little tidbit, then use that tidbit to get another, and so on.
    Coming Soon!

And there ARE idiots that are stupid enough to do exactly what Zeta described and yes, idiots like that do get past the whole application screening process at times though as I said they don't keep their employment for any notable length of time.

Randomness, call in and try to get ANY info on my Gamertag. As many times as you like.

If they give you my name I'll concede. Gamertag's in my sig.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

Rappy Hunter

There's no real reason to think that they're only going after people from the two aforementioned forums. It's just that if any of the victims aren't in a forum you go into, you won't hear about it.

If some guy or girl suffers this sort of attack but doesn't go on any forums, no one would hear of her particular case apart from her friends, and if they don't go on forums then none of us would hear about it.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned (I didn't see it in my scan of this topic) but is this only on the PC/PS2 servers?

they could always try saying they are calling to check the infomation is correct or to amend it because they are moving there is a good chanse someone will be stupid enough to belive that without proof... remember we live in a world of morons.

I just think it's funny you say gamertag theft is impossible when theres idiots stupid enough to try and rob gun stores with a pocket knife while wearing a shirt with their picture on it. >.>

Time to lock my room and sell off a mule? I'll wait and see.

There was also a member on the GameFAQs boards who was saying he would hack people if you took a screenshot of your character saying his name and hosting it. I dont know the whole thing was real or not but scary nonetheless.

Dupe items on US/EU PS2/PC is already there
    Look at the "Units to sell" ..... -_-;
    I'm happy to be on PSU JP....
    This player is already banned ^_^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xeno1 on 2006-12-17 17:49 ]</font>