Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Sometimes Missing in Action

There is no one who could actually tell me how this works but glad you figured out how the skip message works. Okay here we go again:

a)
    Rare items: Set in order
    Normal items: give finder (or random)
    --> or the other way round

b)
    Rare items: Set in order
    Normal items: Set in order

I told before, but I hope you can see the difference now.

The reason I´m complaining:
    I hate being insulted by gamers who once used to be some smart ones, taking up every item (since there is value even on a monomate which I need, I generally do not sell at ridiculous prices). It was fun these early days when a rare item used to appear rarely. Now you have to take care taking up even a blue item - because this one could destroy one´s chance to get a rare item.

But there is no one who can say by proof how this formula works. Everyone just "seems" to know, and that is the fart. So I´m literally starting to gather a handful of gamers who just want to play easy, no competition between, no need to speed run, no one who runs forward without the group, everyone stays in relative proximity radar-wise. Just entertainment.

Besides. Has no one ever wondered:
    Why isn´t this function explained in detail in the manual (next to many other functions as well...) one may ask ? Maybe nowadays no one wants to pull the triggers here and there but to begin playing at once - regardless whether there are valuables hints which help improve the own personal experience made while playing. But then at least - let me have some readme-file with details. Someone with contacts to SonicTeam (Chlumsyorchid or whoever thinks he is a big number) - tell them.

This one is OUR game. So there must be rules. Knowing half the truth is not enough.

Sometimes Missing in Action

So who of you guys know the answer ? Share your wisdom, don´t be shy.

Is this topic ever going to be deleted?

Iam tired of getting into arguments with people who think “Para’s guide on set in order” is true…

First off, this is my first post and for the most part I find the info and topics here informative, though some ppl seem to like arguing too much:X.....anywho.

When I first started playing I was excited to see the rare and item settings. Then was baffled at the fact that if you put it to set in order someone still ended up getting more rares or 2 in a row. How is that "IN ORDER". But no big deal at least it wasn't like PSO GC and DC where your prty abandoned you cornered in the ruins while they made a mad dash for that red box...lol...good times. So after a month of playing I decided to find out what made (set in order tick). And this is what I've found so far.

First is, each person in party has thier own order.
    This example is just for explaining not exactly how the order is everytime.
    EXP>3 ppl in team P1, P2, P3.
    P1-order is 2-3-1
    P2-order is 3-1-2
    P3-order is 1-2-3
    so if P1 picks up a rare it goes to P2, next P3 pix up rare and it goes to P1, then P1 picks up another rare and it goes to P3 then P2 pick up a rare and it goes to P3 as well. Thus the 2 rares in a row. You can also see how this could end up giving more rares to one person or another. Same thing for items set to order. So the farest way to do it on set in order is to have on person picking up all the rares.

Well thats what I've found so far and is all I really want to know. So if anyone wants to do more research on this go for it. Hope this helps everyone a little. I assume that set to random works the same way, just random order, never liked random. ok I'm done

Hi, if someone is able to take screenshots of each step of the following experiment, it would be much appreciated. The recorder need only screenshot thier own inventory to show who recieves which item.

Premise: Set to order works the same for normal items as it does rare. Set to order works the same for a group of any number.

Step 1: Begin a 2 person locked group on Liner Line C with normal items set to order, rares to finder. Have both inventories as empty as necessary. These will be player X and Y.

Step 2: Using a handgun, only one person slays only one creature. If it drops an item, do not pick it up, but record it. This will be called the "first item dropped". If no item is dropped, repeat step 2.

Step 3: Using a handgun, only one person slays only one creature. If it drops an item, pick it up. This item will go to player X, record who player X. If no item is dropped, repeat step 3.

Logic states that if order is set by drops, the "The first item dropped" must go to player Y. Logic also states that if order is set by pick up, the "next item picked up" must go to Player Y.

Step 4: Using a handgun, only one person slays only one creature. If it drops an item, pick it up and record who it goes to. If it goes to player X, it proves order is not set by pick up. If it goes to player Y, nothing is proven yet, proceed to step 5.

Logic still states that if order is set by drops, the "first item dropped" must go to player Y. Logic now states that if order is set by pick up, the "next item picked up" must go to Player X.

Step 5: Pick up the "first item dropped". It is now also the "next item picked up". If it goes to player X, order is set by pick up. If it goes to player Y, order is set by drops. Definite proof by logic.

Raging Cajun

Have you had a chance to test this out yet?

Any two people can do this proof which is why I posted the exact steps. I'm quite sure there isn't any flaws in the logic. I'm on PS2 but I'll try to test this tonight. I've already found someone to screenshot each step, but I've been so busy lately .

I take back what I said before after recent events I would actually have to say this might be true. I was in a party of 3 at LLS2 and we left all the rares on the ground there was about 20 when we finished. We picked up 1 at a time from different blocks and one person got 3 in a row. In a party of 3 people and going by the old thinking of this that’s not possible unless this guide is true and as soon as the rare hits the ground its set to a person in the party no matter what order you pick it up in.

Logic still states that if order is set by drops, the "first item dropped" must go to player Y. Logic now states that if order is set by pick up, the "next item picked up" must go to Player X.
    LOL... Please forgive my rudness but "Logic"...lol. Phantasy star and logic are like two opposing magnets, they never meet!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: sugarfox on 2007-04-22 15:53 ]</font>

well, according to the first posters findings, it STILL makes sense to skip the grinder base a's & etc, just because there is a small chance the round ended and a new chance the round can be beginning again (where it could mess up your turn.) I personally think it's worth that small chance to NOT get a bad rare and get a better one, to get nothing at all.