Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Kireek

1. But with the Japanese subtitle, doesnt it sort of hint (based on Rolf's last statement before the credits) that at least SOMEONE survived? From what I read, this really separates the 2 versions. After learning this, I have to believe someone lived.

2. You can bring Nei back? Wait, how? If the remakes are on another system, how would I use my old file (on the Genesis) to revive her?

3. Where did you learn that she comes back in 1000 years to kill some enemy Ive never heard of?

4. The only Numan I know of to be near Chaz was Rika & shes supposed to be an 'improvement' over the original model (Neifirst, tho some would argue Nei).

1. But with the Japanese subtitle, doesnt it sort of hint (based on Rolf's last statement before the credits) that at least SOMEONE survived?
    I've seen the subtitle translated as two different versions. I'm not sure which is correct, of if they both are - but "At the End of the Restoration" and "At the end of a time which can never be returned to" do not sound like hints that someone survived or not.

Reguardless - there's really nothing -at all- offcial that I know of which points to either one ending or the other as being the proper ending. It's simply up to the players interpretation.

You can bring Nei back? Wait, how? If the remakes are on another system, how would I use my old file (on the Genesis) to revive her?
    No, no... they remade part of the Phantasy Star series for the playstation 2. Not port - but full remakes with improved graphics, sound, and modifications to the storyline - expecially the addition of more dialouge. This was part of the Sega Ages 2500 series of remakes, and they were at one time supposed to be released in the US under the name "Phantasy Star Trilogy", and published by Conspiracy Games.

If you have Phantasy Star Generation 1, and meet certain prerequisites in that game - and then boot up Phantasy Star Generation 2 with the clear file from PS:G1 - it allows you to revive Nei later in the game. I don't know the exact mechanism for this - since (as I said) I'd rather just leave Nei dead. I'll do it eventually - but playing through PS:G1 and getting the road-pass was a pain in the ass if you can't read Japanese since they switched it around. You have to follow dialouge clues from NPC's to get it.

3. Where did you learn that she comes back in 1000 years to kill some enemy Ive never heard of?
    It's from the Phantasy Star Memorial Drama CD - a kind of radio show they released shortly after Phantasy Star IV. It takes place durring the events of PSIV, and consists mostly of flashbacks to Chaz's youth. There's a synopsis of it at the Wiki, and Diana is doing a full translation of the script over at her site. Basically, Chaz tried to pickpocket Nei, but ended up tagging along with her. Nei had no real memories of past - just dreams and flashbacks of Rolf and Neifirst. Her and Chaz together seek out the place she was recreated at - and find the AI GENE restarting the Numan project. The perfected bio-soldier is NM-2011, and after defeating her they shut down GENE permenantly. After GENE's destruction - SEED takes over the Numan project and changes it's purpose to one beneficial to mankind.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

So this isnt fanfic. This is the real deal? If so...interesting. I still dont get why Nei would (or could) come back during Chaz's time. I heard about a Neithird awhile back & wondered what THAT was about. As for me getting the remakes, maybe one day. Would be nice to see. I had seen pics of PS1 & I gotta say, I HATE...HATE...the way they redrew the original group. Just didnt feel right. If anything, they shouldve included the original versions AND the new ones. Oh well. Im guessing the only way to buy it is online right? Ive NEVER seen this in stores.

PSO Assassin

On 2007-01-17 07:31, Sinue_v2 wrote:
    But it does exist, It is only seen in a phantasy star 3 endgame cutscene. It rips an entire city apart, remember.
    No.. that was Megiddo. It had more in common with the "Megid" of PS2 and PSIV. "Megid" of PSO was dark attribute, but really nothing more than a little purple fartball. Megid in PSU is similar to it - though now it's more of a "Gravity" based technique judging by the other techs in that family.

Megid & Megiddo also didn't have levels back then.
    For the storyline it is the same spell. The Japanese spelling for both is Me-gi-do, it is just the romanization that came out differently in PS2/4/O/U and PS3 (when do is the last syllable, the the o is often silent, same with the u of ku, like So-ni-kku -> Sonic)

Ok, on the topic of Kireek, he sucks. He had a bad attitude and, on Ultimate, I did at least twice the amount of damage he did and I was at a much lower level.
    Phantasy Star Portable 2 characters:

Kinako-Level 76 Female Human Force
    Koji-Level 64 Male Beast Hunter
    Rinia-Level 15 Female CAST Ranger
    Nova-Level 7 Female Newman Hunter

The Last Raven

How was Kirrek cool? He was a purple Emo bot who was only good enough to be apointed by the hunters to shuffle around noobs? And even had the balls to tell me what to do in ultmate mode when I could easily 2 shot him. And his weapon sucked, they onlyr eason i had because I kileld him and took it off his corpse.

I heard about a Neithird awhile back & wondered what THAT was about.
    Meh, NeiThird isn't cannon. She's a character that appeared in a few comics featured in S.P.E.C magazine along-side Tohru Yoshida, or "Yoshibon" as he's called. (And for some reason, he always has a picture of an eggplant over his face). So yeah.. she is pretty much fanfictiony. As for the Memorial Drama CD, I guess that's up to you weither or not you want to consider it canon to the storyline. It wasn't a game, after all, but it was an offical product. It did come out in the US, so if you go by Ripplingers "Two Phantasy Stars" theory - then it never existed in the US canon.

I had seen pics of PS1 & I gotta say, I HATE...HATE...the way they redrew the original group.
    Noah and Arisa were redrawn alright, though yeah - I don't really care for the new Tryone or Myau. Still, at least they're not ports.

Im guessing the only way to buy it is online right? Ive NEVER seen this in stores.
    Yeah, you'll have to import them from a store online most likely. You'll probably also need to modify your PS2 in some way so that you can play imports. I went with the flip-top lid, and it's worked out really well for me so far.

For the storyline it is the same spell. The Japanese spelling for both is Me-gi-do, it is just the romanization that came out differently in PS2/4/O/U and PS3
    They're still different spells between PSO, PS, and PSU.. although PSU & PSO Megid's are similar in function. PS's Megid/Megiddo was a hatred based spell that consumed the soul of the caster and those around him and transformed it into explosive energy. PSO's Megid is simply a 1-hit kill Dark Spell - and PSU's differs from that, but only in the sence that it could be considered a "Gravity" spell.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

On 2007-01-14 18:42, coolcat33333 wrote:

Kireek+Sue+Bernie>all npcs of pso

elly person
    lol elly sucks

Bernie>All

and thats the truth