Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PSU music

On 2007-01-31 05:33, Parn wrote:
    Man, I remember all the complaining about how PSO's music sucked and how it should be more upbeat. Sonic Team ships out PSU with upbeat music and now everyone wants ambient stuff again. Heehee.

Nostalgia is a powerful thing!
    Seriously.

Track-for-track, PSO and PSU's soundtracks are pretty even to me. Some are good, some are not-so-good, and some plain suck.

The one area where I'll agree that PSU fails musically is in the boss themes. They really lack that epic feel that PSO's themes had. Remember "From seeing the rough wave" (De Rol Le)? "Cry for IDOLA the holy"? (Dark Falz 2)? "IDOLA have the immortal feather" (Olga Flow 1)? Nothing PSU has comes close, and for the most part is even forgettable.

I really like the music in both games, PSU's area music is jammin', but the tracks of PSO are just... I mean you just can't compare with From Seeing The Rough Wave (De Rol Le), Frenzy Wilds (Gal Gryphon), or Cry For IDOLA The Holy (Dark Falz, final form).

I'd have to disagree with both of you on that. I find "Fly Up Ivy" (Onmagoug, Dimmagolus) to be on par with "The frenzy wilds", if not higher (which I found better to be "From seeing the rough wave"). And both Dulk Fakis tracks are all sorts of epic.
    Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

lolDiads
    If Diad was a planet in PSU, I'd live there

"The Last Story", the song that played during the Ethan versus Magashi duel is all sorts of epic. I'm hoping they have it set aside for some special boss in the online mode, because the majority of the song isn't even heard in offline mode.

Sometimes Missing in Action

I never mute the music. Though the quality of PSUīs Soundtracks could be much better, itīs even better to suffer while listening to this stuff than muting oder switching to another music.

Lesson 1:
    Watch a movie, mute - and learn.

The Result: It makes enjoyment worse than it should be.

Lesson 2:
    Mute the original game music, play another music (regardless kind of music).

The Result: Enjoyment at itīs worst

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Knight_of_MIA on 2007-01-31 06:48 ]</font>

Holy shit, I had forgotten about "The Last Story". It's a crying shame that the full track isn't used anywhere in the game.

I think the music is aight. If it gets too repeatative... there's always Devo.

During the "holiday season" however I make my way through the lobbies as soon as possible... that techno jingle bell crap is the worst.

Ukishima is an awesome track for PSU and goes well with my standards.

Growl, from the wild sky is also a nice homage to PSO music lovers. I like it for its drums and strong beat.

Fly By Ivy is ok I guess but its just not as intense as The Frenzy Wilds... and the battle isn't as intense... (God I hope Episode II will release some more interesting bosses)

It really disappoints me to see so many people who just mute PSU's music. But, to each their own, right? I, for one, am a big fan of this game's soundtrack and love every bit of it. (Yes, even "Save This World.")