Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

On 2002-12-02 15:27, Tavia wrote:

The Nintendo 64 and the Dreamcast suffered in the same way. Look at what happened to them, and look at what's slowly happening to the GameCube.
    Zuh? Dreamcast suffered because its storage media was TOO mainstream. Most GD-Rom games didn't use anywhere near the full size of the disc and because of it everyone and their grandma could pirate DC games onto burned CDs.

Well then if Datel or ActionReplay company wanted to buy rights to the disc they could simply do so by going through panasonic. I'm sorry but Nintendo can eat my a$$ they fukk ups.

Uncontested remover of mattress tags!

However, I think you may agree with me that the original NES -- not the Famicom, but the US' and some other countries' version -- was not so well built. If you took good care of it, of course, it would likely serve you well... but that loading tray seemed to be a nightmare for so many. One of my friends' NES only worked if you shoved one game in, pushed it down, and shoved another game in on top of it to keep it down.

Of course, something like that could be repaired... it probably consisted of no more than a spring mechanism. Still, I think that was very common.
    This is all because Nintendo of america was lazy. In Japan they found out about the problem with the 72-pin harness about 6 months after it was released and had a massive recall. They told the american branch and they just shrugged it off.

But other then the NES the machines are beasts. I work at an EB and ppl trade in systems all the time. Some guy tried to trade in an SNES that his son took into a sand box with him, the system is FILLED with sand, i tild him we couldnt take it so he told us to keep it. I decided to try it out and sure enough it still works

but im getting off topic here.

Nintendo HATES cheating if you will recall back in 1982 they took Galoob to court for something like 2 years to prevent them making Game genie on there system, they won in Japan. Unfortunatley they lost in america.