Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Yasha

I have a sange and want a yasha. I could get it by either drop (Melqueek or Indi Belra). Which one would be faster? I mean they both are really rare drops but the highest drop (1/20000 something) is from an Indi. There are like 5 Belras in 1 run of the Temple. There are a pretty good amount of Melqueeks in Addicting food. So im wondering which one would take less time (provided that i get the drop in the exact amount of enemys as the drop rates show). If this seems confusing please say so and i will try to make it less confusing.

Go for Melqueeks. Indis are a pain in the ass to kill, and a lot harder to see than Melqueeks. Plus, you could find at LEAST 100 Melqueeks in a normal Caves run, if not much more.

If you think about it, the odds are fairly similar. You see 3 times more Melqueeks than Indi Belras, and the odds of the Yasha dropping from the Melqueek are 3 times larger than the odds of it dropping from the Belra.
    Please tell me I worded that correctly.

So basically, which area are you more willing to play through? As Yunero said, Indi's are much more annoying than Melqueeks.
    But personally, I can't stand the Caves. Or the Temple.

i doubt that there are at least 100 melqueeks in 1 caves run. The guides here say that the best way to find melqueeks is in Soul of a Blacksmith quest and there are only like 25 in there. But im not sure if that guide only shows the best quests to find enemies in. But ok ill kill a crap load of melqueeks.

Better than killing a crap load of Indi Belras ¬.O
    60000 Melqueeks is a lot.
    Good luck =]

yah should i do Soul of a Blacksmith or just normal Caves runs on Ult to find melqueeks?

I say do quests, they're usually packed full of more monsters than a normal run.

Also, you do not always get a Yasha with every 60,000 Melqueeks you kill, if I am reading your first post correctly.

The best analogy I've heard is:

The Red Marble = the Left side of the drop rate (Eg in 1/1000, 1 would be the left side)
    The Black Marbles = the Right side of the droprate (Eg in 1/1000, 1000 would be the right side)

Imagine a box full of Black Marbles. In your case, you've got 60,000 Black Marbles in there. In the box, somewhere, is a Red Marble. That's the chance you've got. When you kill a Melqueek, you pick out a marble. If it isn't red, it isn't a Yasha. Once the marble has been picked out, you put said marble BACK IN the box, restoring the 1/60,000 drop rate.

= It's harsh to hear, but t'is the truth.

If I remember correctly, Soul of a Blacksmith has something like 25 Melqueek in it. An average Temple run will only turn up a few Indi Belra. So, looking for the Yasha offline is a fairly hopeless task using either path. You're looking at several hundred/thousand runs. Even in the online quest Lost Ice Spinner, which has 100+ Melqueek, you'd still have to do several hundred runs of it to get close to the average drop rate. You have better odds of finding a Sealed J-Sword offline.

Offline it's virtually unfindable. You only tend to get 5 or less Belra in Temple, and offline Melqueeks are fairly scarce..

Online- Today's Rate, Mop Up #2, or ultimately Lost Ice Spinner for Melqueeks. I wouldn't bother hunting Belras at all.

However, the reason the Melqueek drop is so damned hard is that only 15% of Melqueeks drop ANYTHING, let alone Yasha. This multiplies the standard 11* weapon droprate (1/10,083) upto 1/67k.

When I found mine, it was a Melqueek drop, BUT was also on a 2x drop day, which made it 1/33.6k. Still uber-rare, but without a 2x drop day, I doubt I would have found it.

Good luck to anyone hunting it, the feeling you get from seeing it drop is worth even years of hunting.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

ok if its gonna take several hundrd thousand runs than it looks like im never gonna get a yasha. And also there is no hope of me ever going online cuz the servers shut down next month.