Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I read it on PSOW, so it must be true

I didn't realise 8.5 and 8.8 were LOW scores...

I'm excited for this game. I never beat either Metroid Prime games, but that's not because they sucked, but because I never had the motivation to beat them. Have TONS of fun playing them though.

And somehow, as gimmicky as the Wiimote really is, it just... it naturally just makes games more fun.

I won't deny that it's a good game, but it just doesn't suit my taste. IMO Metroid and also Castlevania should always have remained 2D.

On 2007-08-28 20:25, PJ wrote:
    I didn't realise 8.5 and 8.8 were LOW scores...

I'm excited for this game. I never beat either Metroid Prime games, but that's not because they sucked, but because I never had the motivation to beat them. Have TONS of fun playing them though.

And somehow, as gimmicky as the Wiimote really is, it just... it naturally just makes games more fun.
    Well they aren't bad scores at all, the problem is that it's technically a low score for a AAA title. When every other site and magazine gives consistent 9.4's(or whatever) and up to a game, gamespot comes in with a late review and low balls their score almost intentionally it seems.

Having just spent an hour with the game I can honestly say a lot of the points made in the review are unwarranted.

Does it have faster pacing than the original? Yes
    But it doesn't lose its exploration elements at all.

And the controls are spot on, the only way you could have any problems with the motion controls for grapple beam/door locks is if you happen to move slower than a sloth, lol

I also found that morph ball jumping doesn't work when your rolling up against a wall and trying to jump simultaneously. Very minor, only problem I've had so far, but even that just requires me to pay more attention to what I'm doing so it's basically a non issue.

And yeah after playing CoD3 I honestly don't even play halo anymore... The wii basically ruined any non wii game experience I've had For some reason it just makes any game THAT much better XD

Hey also if anyone is interested, my wii code is
    8340 8207 3109 6934

So far I spend like 4 hours on it and I really enjoy it and the only game review that gave it a fair review was IGN surprisely. Anyways I really enjoy it a lot and here is my friend code 5381 6940 2764 7488

I wish I had a Wii. I saw the commercial for this amd was amazed.
    Call me a safe bet. I'm betting I'm not.
    I'm glad that you can forgive.
    Only hoping as time goes, you can forget.

Wow, I didn't know this was already out either. Soon as I get my paycheck, I'm gettin a Wii, and this soon after.

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

I live in Europe, and I hate you all

Scarlet / ID:aurly; Shock Nurse @ Ship 2!

Anyway, I can totally say that this is honestly one of the single best games I have ever played in my entire life. EVER. (and I have played a hell of a lot of games)

Also EJ I'll add you later :3 Anyone else want to be part of teh voucher fun? *can't wait for bumper stickers and a mii bobble head*

I just got the PED suit and ZOMGZORS!? This thing totally kicks ass

MP3 really makes me wish I could play like... Bioshock on my Wii... Really the Wii is just so awesome for fps...

Gameplay-wise, I find MP3 so much better than it's predecessors due to Wii controls. The level of immersion that they provide make up for all my problems with the original titles. Also, faster pacing helps. Always found MP to be rather slow for me.

Another thought... Why don't they just go ahead and make Samus talk? It's not like she is the same type of silent protagonist as Link or Mario. She has had frequent narrations in her past games, and I think the series would do well from vocalizing her. Unless of course, Nintendo still thinks male gamers won't be able to identify with her... Which is bogus but I can understand the logic.