Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

You're not a legendary hero because you didn't defeat Dark Falz. You were one of many who managed to fight him off, but you couldn't defeat him. Nor could you defeat Heithcliff Flowen. They eventually had to defeat each other, and your character likely isn't even around for the final battle against the GERM. At least, you're not the one actually on the battlefield.

Of course, that's going by Ep III - which was convoluted and contradictory. Heithcliff makes explicit mention of the "Savior of the Red Captive Child", when in Ep III they elude that she was never saved.

In any case, this has been discussed to death and the general consensus is that Rico is dead. Her spirit may or may not have visited her father after her release, but that's generally dismissed as just fanservice. Ultimately, Rico's fate is left up to the player to decide. Although her lack of presence or mention (except in the past tense) in Ep II (which occurs 3 months after Pioneer 2 entered orbit) is particularly telling.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

On 2007-10-17 13:14, Sinue_v2 wrote:
    You're not a legendary hero because you didn't defeat Dark Falz. You were one of many who managed to fight him off, but you couldn't defeat him. Nor could you defeat Heithcliff Flowen. They eventually had to defeat each other, and your character likely isn't even around for the final battle against the GERM. At least, you're not the one actually on the battlefield.

Of course, that's going by Ep III - which was convoluted and contradictory. Heithcliff makes explicit mention of the "Savior of the Red Captive Child", when in Ep III they elude that she was never saved.

In any case, this has been discussed to death and the general consensus is that Rico is dead. Her spirit may or may not have visited her father after her release, but that's generally dismissed as just fanservice. Ultimately, Rico's fate is left up to the player to decide. Although her lack of presence or mention (except in the past tense) in Ep II (which occurs 3 months after Pioneer 2 entered orbit) is particularly telling.
    its really sad that u would go so deep into this

And your point is?

On 2007-10-17 13:49, zero-kokojan wrote:
    its really sad that u would go so deep into this
    lmao at you. Probably you don't even know how deep the story actually goes. That is just a very tiny portion of the entire story.

Ultimately, Rico's fate is left up to the player to decide. Although her lack of presence or mention (except in the past tense) in Ep II (which occurs 3 months after Pioneer 2 entered orbit) is particularly telling.
    I agree that her death would really depend on what the player assumes, how the story reflects on them. (I don't know if what I meant to say came out, hope you understand)

Splash, what do you mean? Do you mean Episodes 1,2, and 3? Or are there more that are on other consoles, because if so, I will buy them.

On 2007-10-17 13:14, Sinue_v2 wrote:

So, effectively there are two outcomes. The Ep2 outcome, where you save Rico (according to Flowen), and the Ep3 outcome, where she dies (according to whatever your source was).

Hunters Guild Group
    Alex - BrHu | Satsuki - RaGu | Keiko - SuTe

The Ep2 outcome, where you save Rico (according to Flowen), and the Ep3 outcome, where she dies (according to whatever your source was).
    Well, just because you save someone, doesn't necessarily mean that they live. By being Rico's "savior", Heithcliff could have meant that by killing her body which Falz was using as a corporeal anchor, you freed her soul from the torment and allowed her peace in death. Although, as said, her fate is ultimately up to the player to decide.

As for the latter scenario, she doesn't so much as die in the clash between Olga and Falz as she is "transformed". Her and Flowen's souls merge into a new body, that of Endu. In a way, Endu is their child born out of tragedy - and their souls guide and protect him. Source is PSO Ep III.

Ah. Well I am not that far in 3 yet. The whole story got confusing for me there
    But I get what you mean. I guess that is why I prefer ep1 and 2 more

Hunters Guild Group
    Alex - BrHu | Satsuki - RaGu | Keiko - SuTe

On 2007-10-17 18:58, Ranmaru wrote:
    I agree that her death would really depend on what the player assumes, how the story reflects on them. (I don't know if what I meant to say came out, hope you understand)

Splash, what do you mean? Do you mean Episodes 1,2, and 3? Or are there more that are on other consoles, because if so, I will buy them.
    No, I mean Episode 1, 2, 3, and 4. The story is that complex that it takes a series of 4 episodes in order to even tell it. Episode 4 goes greatly in depth on the earlier events, as well as solve some unanswered questions not presented in the pre-episodes.