Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

offline isnt the greatest thing, having to redo the online missions is annoying. Howevetr the game balance is totally different, it favors speed an action, you find stuff differently, get stuff for s ranking levels, annd some of the content that is offline you may not see for months. Its a fun little romp, just imagine psu on turbo power

That doesn't sound any different at all from PSU Extra Mode o_o.

I find it disappointing myself, but hey, we're paying just half of the retail versions, so I'm not going to complain. I would be quite interested if they released AotI offline in yet another separate $10-$20 download, but I'm not holding my breath.
    Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

Personally I'd rather pay half the price and not have the offline stuff. Also, by leaving all that stuff out, it makes the filesize smaller, which means I can download AoI to my 360 quicker.

I guess if I'm desperate then I could rent the PS2 version and rinse Story Mode over the course of a few days.
    http://zone.randomfury.co.uk
    Want to play some PSU with some British guys who all have an awful sense of humour?

http://waves.randomfury.co.uk
    Read my blog. Sometimes it has PSU related stuff.

I read it on PSOW, so it must be true

On 2007-10-26 12:49, ThEoRy wrote:
    lemme see, 20$ more for content that I've already played? And you think I'm getting the shaft? Someone fell asleep in economics class.
    Considering a lot of people will be getting the PC version for free...

On 2007-10-27 04:48, PJ wrote:
    On 2007-10-26 12:49, ThEoRy wrote:
    lemme see, 20$ more for content that I've already played? And you think I'm getting the shaft? Someone fell asleep in economics class.
    Considering a lot of people will be getting the PC version for free...
    http://www.xbox360achiever.com/promo.php

I read it on PSOW, so it must be true

a) No one outside the US can get that.

b) Is it even real?

c) PC version is still free.

I like that I wont have to go to the store too. I hope live doesnt start lagging like that time when the bioshock demo released. It is almost 2 gigs after all.
    Im really not that dangerous...

Cult of Cast Supremacy Raven5_1's Avatar

On 2007-10-27 05:48, PJ wrote:

c) PC version is still free.
    we get what free?

On 2007-10-26 13:11, JAFO22000 wrote:
    On 2007-10-26 12:35, waluigi1 wrote:
    ...Also with no disc/offline mode, I wonder how the achievments are going to work if there are any...
    Online achievements:

50pts.- Rappy booter: Kick all other party members upon rappy sighting.

50pts.- Spamanator: Go the the most populated lobby and spam badly misspelled and overpriced items in your shop to everyone there. Constantly. For 3 hours. Achievement will not unlock if you don't use the "yell" bubble.

50pts.- Vanilla: Run only the most popular mission because it has the best reward for the time spent. Must run the same mission 847 times in a row to unlock!

50pts.- HEL YEH!: Scam somebody out of items totalling more than 1,000,000 meseta during one 24 hour period.

50pts.- Jao Booter: Same as "Rappy Booter", but for Jaos.

50pts.- Everybody loves me!: Constantly talk in your microphone for a whole mission. Also works if you have a fan that causes a constant stream of noise to annoy others.

50pts.- Genius: Get 25 people to believe that confirmed story you heard from your friend's sister's father's dog's hairdresser's mailman that Newmans are getting summons.

50pts.- This sucks!: Complain about 3 star luck until your character has it, at which point it becomes the best thing ever. Continue complaining the day after about how you didn't get anything "good".

50pts.- Diga Spammer! (force only): Get your diga to max level while keeping your support techs under level 6.

50pts.- Spread 'em! (hunter only): Spread EVERY enemy in a map. Do not let them group up at ANY cost. The further you throw groups in different directions, the better. Bonus if your force is using a Ra- or Dam- spell or if a PT is about to set a trap down.

50pts.- Killer Shot Roks! (ranger only): Use killer shot on robots. Make them explode only when your teammates are close to them.

I didn't see the rest of them, though...maybe someone else knows what they are???

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JAFO22000 on 2007-10-26 13:13 ]</font>
    LMAO That would suck...you have to remember this is sega though...remember the achievments on PSU? It would probably be more like...

50pts. - Get to lvl 10

50pts. - Get a PA/BA/Tech to 10

50pts. - Beat a mission

50pts. - Get an S on a mission

50pts. - Beat online story missions (Gasp?! Challenge?!)