On 2003-03-14 05:07, RaymondDay wrote:
I guess you reccommend that because it could break off some of the solder parts? I don't think so at all. I been using my keyboard for a long time now. I have my game cube in my bed room by my bed. My TV is next to my bed. I sit on my bed to play the game. My nieces play the game too they are teen agers. This keyboard has slid off the edge of my bed on to the hard tiled non carpeted floor a lot of times and it's still worked super. My bed is a little over 2 feet from the floor. I think this is a good test and I been solding stuff just like this, like in the hud of 25 pin centronics plugs years go by and they still work! Other stuff too I have to think of what, but they all still work at last the last time I used them. The chip is not heavy so it will not bust off the board. I bet I could drop it from 6 foot and still be good. I don't want to test it like that because it's my only one. I just don't see why solding all 5 components directly to the chip is bad? My keybaord is a good test and it's been working super! I guess it's been about 2 weeks working so good now
Raymond, you're right... I would be worried about the chip breaking off at the solder points over time. Who knows... maybe I'm being overly cautious.

I'm glad things are working out for you so far. Keep up the good work.