Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Do they fix things like the small split second delay when you hit an enemy with a weapon? You know what I'm talking about. And you notice it twice as much with two handed fast weapons, it makes the game look choppy and I hate it, although most of you probably got used to it.

Also do they improve the dodging? Like if you're in front of a monster, and it swings as you're moving away and you are visibly out of range of the attack but you still take damage anyway, is that better now? Like if you move out of the attack, you actually don't get hit by it?

On a side note, did they improve the resolution or any graphics? No AA, no widescreen, and a resolution cap of like 1280x1024 made the game seem extremely ghetto especially here in 2007, almost 2008.

The Unofficial PSOW Lolibrarian

...am I the only one who doesn't give two shits about a lack of widescreen/AA?

I think that delay has something to do with lag. But they did improve on how damage is displayed.

Yes they improved dodging. They made it so the hit box isn't so large.

And no, resolutions are the same but they did add one widescreen options when I don't remember the resolution for.

On 2007-11-20 17:20, Remedy wrote:
    Probably, I remember reading about people having massive geek fits when they got Bioshock and found out the Widescreen mode was missing 24 lines of pixels.

And Rizen got to the dodge question before I could.

GG, Rizen. =(

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scline on 2007-11-20 17:23 ]</font>
    Endeavour, CAST Male HU 29/RA 12/FO 2 - PSO2, Ship 2

Quote Originally Posted by Blackheart521 View Post
    Forever a sword clipping through the ground.

On 2007-11-20 17:20, Remedy wrote:
    Yes definitely.

The Unofficial PSOW Lolibrarian

I'm not saying that I don't like good graphics, I'm saying that I don't go slitting my wrists because the game that I enjoy for the mechanics doesn't have "OMFG ULTRA HIGH WIDESCREEN RESOLUTION AND 16xAA/16xAF/60 FPS".

I play a game because I enjoy it. Hell, I still play old 8-bit games because *gasp* I like them. I then later play Unreal Tournament 3 at 1600x1200 at max game settings because *gasp* I like it.

Graphic whores can go play in freeway traffic.

People with widescreen TVs/monitors want to use the whole damn screen, none of that warping the image BS ;o

-h
    Dallas, but it's not the same without cursing, okay?!

The hit delay, I thought, was a silly, purposeful effect. A lot of games have been doing that in recent years to show DRAMATIC INTENSITY! so I assume the case for PSU was the same.

On 2007-11-20 17:29, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
    People with widescreen TVs/monitors want to use the whole damn screen, none of that warping the image BS ;o
    LOL @ WIDESCREEN!!1!111!

/jealous

Except no one here is being a graphic whore, you're being a graphic hater whore, which is just as bad. Of course gameplay is what makes the game, but these things I ask about are the bare minimum, you can force AA on N64 games but not on PSU?

Anyway I much rather have them improve that weapon hit delay and the dodging, and someone said the hit boxes are smaller so that's good. My main gripe is still that delay though, without it the game would look so much smoother.