Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I never said anything about keep servers up.
    -the PC/PS2 isn't much to them either but since its just a mere reflection for them to bring JP server content over as easy ports compared to the job they have to go through for 360. Besides i never said it was taken offline only about how much they cared in respect to how loaded the content is on JP side on content and event side of things. I'm sure most of us here all gawk at how the JP players in this forum are enjoying themselves on the PC/PS2 JP servers.. much much richer than us poor degerates and hoping sega would give us the same care they do to them.

Bare in mind here the creators are JP based and its well known how unpopular 360 is compared to the sony brand in Japan. Its pretty unfair but if i remember famitsu refused to sponsor the 360 version of the famitsu cup because of favoritism, not to mention famitsu rarely feature any 360 material in the first place. and Its true the PS2 is a crap console i mean come on, the lag and such but look at how heartily japan still supports sony. Its this favoritism that prob keeps segas ongoing support for PS2 regardless of what region.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Natasha_M on 2007-12-31 20:47 ]</font>

Natasha_Milarose on PSUPEDIA
    http://psupedia.info/Special:Contrib...tasha_Milarose
    JP PC/PS2
    US/EU PC/PS2

On 2007-12-31 18:27, Ocin wrote:
    Well, I've been playing PSU for a while now, and it seems like the only server that ever receives traffic is Server 2, and that saddens me greatly. It makes me think that maybe, just maybe, every other fan of the game is on an entirely different set of servers. So, just out of curiosity, I want to know the following:

How populated are the servers in comparison to PC/PS2?

Are there many 1337 h4x0rz?

In comparison to PC/Ps2, how often are the servers updated, and how well are they run?

Does Sega just care about the X-Box 360 Servers like the big ol' meanies they are?
    Since everyone else is avoiding the facts here...

1) At least twice as populated. Two full Universes on any given night, plus extra.

2) No hacking. At all.

3) They're updated as often, with special Demo-promos thrown in.

4) What?

Now we need Dhylec to lock this badboy up with that JP population screenshot.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

I think when the pc/ps2 servers die within the next 3 years there'll be an option to get your data to the 360 servers...or we'll get "other" servers.
    Quote Originally Posted by loukaras View Post
    PSO-World is a game?

I've a question that SHOULDN'T spiral into oblivion.

Our population on the PC/PS2 side has dropped off somewhat lately (averaged 4-5 stars on Uni 2 at AoI's launch, we now average 3-4 at peak hours, likely because it's Winter Break for most of us), I suspect this is not because of LOL HAXXORZ like everyone seems to think it is but simply because Sega has not offered a lot for high-levelled players, but lots for new players (which I've seen very few of). Have the 360 servers experienced a drop in population, too?

This has absolutely nothing to do with the individual communities, I just want to see how the lack of a challenge in PSU anymore is affecting both PC/PS2 and 360. If Sega wants to hang onto this dwindling game, they really need to give us some challenge again.

Not really. There was an influx when AotI hit, then the people who hate the game left again, but we've got some players that stuck around.

We're better off than we were, at any rate.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obsidian_Knight on 2007-12-31 21:18 ]</font>
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

The level cap needs to be raised soon, and new difficulties have to be released. 4+ players in a party on the new S and old S2 missions are an absolute joke right now.

Honestly, the only difference betwen the two servers is population. And as far as I'm concerned, more people = more idiots.

Yeah, PS2 and PC might have some scripters running around (which really isn't often and gets dealt with quickly) but I'd definitely tolerate that before I tolerate the glitches, and people running around taking XBL information and passwords from other people as I've seen posted on here.

Go wherever your friends are. If you dont have friends that play PSU, get 360, It's more populated and has no hacking, and theyre otherwise almost completely identical.

Honestly, though, some people might actually prefer PSU's economy, its much easier to get a lot of things because of the screwed up economy. Hardcore people will obviously like 360 better, but some casuals might like PS2/PC better.

I have PS2 and PC versions only and I have no intentions of ever switching. I like the convenience of playing it on my PC and being able to watch TV at the same time, and sit in my computer chair rather than on the corner of my bed or on the floor. The keyboard right there helps too. The graphics are basically the same, slightly better on PC apparently, but I honestly can't notice a difference.

But I can understand double the population + no hackers makes 360 the superior version for most people.

On 2007-12-31 21:29, Artea wrote:
    The level cap needs to be raised soon, and new difficulties have to be released. 4+ players in a party on the new S and old S2 missions are an absolute joke right now.

Honestly, the only difference betwen the two servers is population. And as far as I'm concerned, more people = more idiots.

Yeah, PS2 and PC might have some scripters running around (which really isn't often and gets dealt with quickly) but I'd definitely tolerate that before I tolerate the glitches, and people running around taking XBL information and passwords from other people as I've seen posted on here.
    The personal information "theft" claims are several times more isolated than your scripting. And I recall each of the tools claiming to have been victimized falling off the face of the earth when people started challenging them to prove it.

On 2007-12-31 19:42, Natasha_M wrote:
    As for the econmony PC = las vegas , 360 = Ethiopia
    LOL, no, there are not dead children lining the gutters of Holtes City on 360 servers. I think a more apt analogy would be...

PC = Zimbabwe (look it up)
    360 = USA (stable but inflating slowly, steadily)

On 2007-12-31 22:24, Fleur-de-Lis wrote:
    On 2007-12-31 19:42, Natasha_M wrote:
    As for the econmony PC = las vegas , 360 = Ethiopia
    LOL, no, there are not dead children lining the gutters of Holtes City on 360 servers. I think a more apt analogy would be...

PC = Zimbabwe (look it up)
    360 = USA (stable but inflating slowly, steadily)
    I for one wish it was dead children rather than KOS-MOS alt characters.