View Poll Results: personally i think it'd be an interesting play. Maybe share the 360 servers

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hells yes

41 60.29%
  • Hells no

24 35.29%
  • Wave is a Nintendrone

3 4.41%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    The HUcast with balls of aluminium

You see so many people complaining about PSU not being like PSO, and so many others complaining about the people complaining because it isn't PSO.

What if, instead of PSUwii, ST made something along the lines of PSO2? I mean, we all know that ST's way to lazy to even consider such a thing, but what about a PSO2 that takes place before PSU, and after PSO? The Gurhal system had to be found somehow, afterall. Dungeon design similar to that of PSO, that WONDERFUL artstyle, all those unique weapons, and sped up combat would be awsome. I also perfer the class system of PSO, but that's just me.

But, once again, we all know that ST would never let that happen.

Oh, and eff required motion control. Classic Controller/GC controller compatible would be nice. In addition, they could simply make use of the pointer (for menus and such) instead of adding a cheap "waggle" like the fifty billion lame PS2 ports people throw onto Wii.

PSU on Wii = fail

Just... not gonna happen.
    Gamertag: inf3rn0 Lan
    Lan Katana│Male│Newman│Lv150│fT 20
    Malsa Powers│Female│Newman│Lv150│AT 20
    PSO2β: マルサ・パワーズ|Force lv17

that crazy guy yelling at a wall

i just got a wii this morning so im gonna say yes as long as i can transfer over my data to the wii

I really could care less what additional platforms PSU is on, and am a bit more concerned with which servers it will be connected to. Most likely the PS2/PC side. But either way, even if it had the best controls out of all the platforms - I wouldn't leave the PC version simply because of the graphics. While I don't mind less polygons, lower resolution textures, reduced effects, etc - I have to have a clean and vibrant picture. The Wii can't provide that right now as I understand. Perhaps once it gets a set of VGA cables. But the resolution would still be a great incentive to stick.

As for PSO 2 - well, PSO is dead. Realistically, there's about as much of a chance of PSO being ressurected as there is of the classic series being ressurected. When PSU ends, it will be replaced by a new game. Though you might see PSO re-released as part of a compilation pack later on.

Truthfully, PSU is PSO 2. It's also PSV. Even if the storylines aren't connected - that's what it was designed to be. Even in the earliest promo material hinted at it being such.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Noob Bot-V2.0 is go.

1.) Lol, Microsoft VS. nintendo using a Server share.. LOL...
    2.) It'd be difficult, mass lag.. Plus, come on, the Little Wii can't handle a game THIS massive.
    It's like.. George Bush.. Except.. Smarter..

EDIT: Lol at trying to communicate, that itself would be a reason people wouldn't want to play it..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mudkips on 2008-01-23 18:24 ]</font>

Also, the Wii has two USB 2.0 ports and with a simple firmware update can have full USB keyboard connectivity. They've already updated it for limited USB keyboard support to increase compatability with the Opera Browser.

http://www.engadget.com/2007/10/10/w...board-support/

So it's not like Keyboard support for the Wii is impossible.

Also, regardless of what system it's on - PSU is unoptimized and plays like crap. There's slowdown even on the 360, and the game was designed for the lowly PS2. The Wii could certainly handle it.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Absolutely, positively the MOST unlucky person!!! Raine_Loire's Avatar

On 2008-01-23 18:42, Sinue_v2 wrote:

Also, the Wii has two USB 2.0 ports and with a simple firmware update can have full USB keyboard connectivity. They've already updated it for limited USB keyboard support to increase compatability with the Opera Browser.

http://www.engadget.com/2007/10/10/w...board-support/

So it's not like Keyboard support for the Wii is impossible.

Also, regardless of what system it's on - PSU is unoptimized and plays like crap. There's slowdown even on the 360, and the game was designed for the lowly PS2. The Wii could certainly handle it.
    Well, yeah, but that keyboard would turn off people who want to use the wiimote and nunchuck.

>.> they hurt my thumbs though, and I get frustrated with my own clumsiness. I'm like Peter Griffen after the stroke... *siiigh* It's why I'll never beat RE4.

Chaos Bringer Destroyer D1ABOLIK's Avatar

If they would allow the classic / gamecube controllers than yes. But with the horrible wii controllers it would be more trouble than it is worth. Also with Nintendos online policies. They would have to incorporate friends codes into it. Which would most likely mean there were no lobbies. I would rather see them optimize the 360 version to actually run and look like a 360 game. And finally release the AOTI offline portion for us 360 users.

The Wii could handle PSU with no problems. Except the whole "online" part.