View Poll Results: Hey all, I am just wondering what you think the voice chat on PSO Episode 1 & 2 for Xbox will be

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • It will rock! It will add to the social experience

15 41.67%
  • It will rock! Now we can really strategize!

6 16.67%
  • It's gonna suck - n00bs on the mic

2 5.56%
  • It's gonna suck - imature people on the mic

9 25.00%
  • ...Other :P

4 11.11%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    The Cexacutioner

I think it will suck in the lobbies but be cool as hell in game. In game it's only 4 people you have to worry about hearing, so it should be cool. In the lobbies though, I think it will be chaos.

i agree that in lobbies it will b like talkin 2 5783497509357985678234 ppl at ounce but in the actual game it will b good so yea....

Your "mood: Totally positive" is very fitting J-3PO
    Thanks. Actually I changed it after LollipopLolita accused me of being "negative" and "skeptical". Mood meter; the ultimate in perceived attatude adjustment.
    I think it will suck in the lobbies
    Hmm, I didn't really think about the lobby situation. I'm sure they'll have some solution for that. If not that could be pretty chaotic.

They do have a fix for the lobbies, you are only able to here people within a certain radius of yourself, I think the max number of people you can hear at one time is 8.

SR-16 Packing RAmar

Everyone who doesn't like it, obviously, doesn't own an Xbox or Xbox Live. Go back to your GCs please

On 2003-03-28 13:33, Polenicus wrote:
    I'd comment, but this comic has basically already summed up what i think is going to happen:

http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3?date=2002-08-30
    You obviously haven't played on Live before.

In all my time playing over Live (that includes the Beta test) I have only come across four or five people that were unpleastant to be in the game game with, and only one of the was using foul language and insults, the others are ones that talked in very annoying manners and used high-pitched and/or illegible voice masks.

Also, that comic is very different from the case of Xbox Live, in which, the voice communication quality is relatively good compared to any other online game I've played that supported this form of communication.
    This is in reference to a different game, of course, but I think it proves that, as a species, we have a certain set behaviour pattern when it comes to online game voice chats.
    That is just an ignorant statement. Have you ever played a game using online voice chat other than SOCOM? The attitudes of people over Xbox Live is drastically different than what is portrayed in Penny Arcade's comic about SOCOM. Over Xbox Live, you can send feedback to the servers about people, reporting any undesireable actions they may take, and if they continue to act as such to enough people that report them, they will be punished by the administrators in an appropriate fashion.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

Skilled Fighter

I just have to say this: Voice Chat will make Challenge Mode much, much easier and less stressful.

That is the point I have been trying to stress everytime the xbox voice chat topic comes up. Those who relentlessly bash it, either have never used it, or tried it for a short time and had a bad experience.

for all of you that said that the lobby will suck...well your wrong. You will be able to talk to up to eight players clostes to you. These eight people will be marked with a speacker icon over their heads. So yes the lobby won't suck. You also can use the keyboard in the lobby...so basically its just like the GC but with an optional voice chat.

exactly x2, but to elaborate the 8 closest who are also within a certain radius. Like if there are only 5 people in the lobby, you won't hear them unless you are somewhat close to them in the lobby.