Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 152223242526 LastLast

A perfect ending to a perfect season, BlaizeYES hit it on the nail.

It teaches kids that losers never prosper...they just get humiliated on the big stage.

-h
    Dallas, but it's not the same without cursing, okay?!

I have been waiting all season for the Patriots to lose and it is all the more satisfying that it was in the Super Bowl.

On 2008-01-21 00:14, AC9breaker wrote:
    Only by 3 points though. Its time for redemption, time to rewrite history.
    YOU GOT THE RIGHT ONE BABY UH HUH!

"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

even without that win, Tom Brady was already forever enshrined in NFL history.

Congratz to the giants, they played a better game than the Patriots. It's not the first time this year a Pats opponent outplayed them, just the first time the other team came out a victor. Fact is, all you people are assholes for hating on them so much. You can ask any of my friends here, I was very gracious in defeat. I even clapped everytime the giants made a good play. The biggest problem with this country is we always root for the underdog... even in something like the War on terror. Yes, rooting for the giants has an overarching symbol on how this country approaches everything.

it was one of the best superbowls I've seen in years, and that matters way more than anything else.

THE JACKEL

On 2008-02-04 01:50, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
    even without that win, Tom Brady was already forever enshrined in NFL history.

Congratz to the giants, they played a better game than the Patriots. It's not the first time this year a Pats opponent outplayed them, just the first time the other team came out a victor. Fact is, all you people are assholes for hating on them so much. You can ask any of my friends here, I was very gracious in defeat. I even clapped everytime the giants made a good play. The biggest problem with this country is we always root for the underdog... even in something like the War on terror. Yes, rooting for the giants has an overarching symbol on how this country approaches everything.

it was one of the best superbowls I've seen in years, and that matters way more than anything else.

THE JACKEL
    But I always root against the Pats and for the Manning brothers ;_;

I"M so glad THE GIANTS won.

Good for the ol' Jags coach Tom Coughlin, and good for the big blue wrecking crew. BTW, I was anticipating Carl's rant after the game than the game itself. Carl from ATHF btw, and if you don't know what I'm talking about, go to adultswim.com and witness the hilarity (it's the Clip of the Day).

I'm so happy that the Giants won. I wish it could've been the Packers in that situation, but they beat us and the Patriots well. I really didn't want a cheating team to get 19-0, and it's even more satisfying that they lost in the Super Bowl.
    Phantasy Star Universe PC/PS2 [Retired: Might play PSP]

Kiron - Lv. 128 Newman [fT: 19 | aT: 2 | wT: 1]
    Will put a link to my sketch book after surgery.

it definitely was satisfying, to say the least. every person that knows me knew that for the past 3 months, every sunday, i'd say, "we have to watch the patriots, THEY MUST BE STOPPED." and everyone else began getting caught in the momentum. everyone i knew felt the same way... and with every sunday, even non-football fans wanted to come over, socialize, and watch the game at get-togethers. it became a genuine "love to hate" relationship with the patriots with everyone, and they were truely a hateable team unlike the 98 broncos, 98 vikings, 06 colts, or any other team off the top of my head that i lived through when they were discussing "a perfect season." i loved hating them, i always wanted to see them lose, and i always wanted to see eli manning win... but i never thought it'd be quite like this. although i would have preferred an ALL MANNING BOWL for eli to dethrone peyton, this game may have been waht i wanted all along.

the last quarter made up for everything else that the patriots consumed and destroyed throughout the season. they were ruining football. everyone that was a patriots fan was either from "mass" or just knew nothing about football at all, and it really showed the right and true ending to a story the way an educated person would like to see it. i was at work today, thinking about last night, and a smile went on my face. i drank a little as well last night, yes, but the image is still clearly engraved in my head of plaxico's catch and the anarchy that ensued.

i called it after eli got his first touchdown to put them up by 3: i said, "brady is going to retaliate, get a touchdown, and this is going to be in eli's hands as to if he's matured." the look on eli's face during that final drive was unlike a usual eli manning expression. it was a look of conviction, determination, and retardation... everything except fear. it was if he became a robot, like his brother. even that winning touchdown, if you remember his face(for those with HD televisions), his expression was actually sort of creepy. but i must admit: i thought eli would buckle under pressure and probably throw an interception on his last rallying attempt... i really didnt think that he was mature enough yet to do something that carries THAT much weight. but that march down the field was only building more intensity with every improbable first down. suddenly, everyone was beginning to get caught in the moment. that helmet catch by david tyree on that bomb fired by eli after getting thrown around... jesus. something just told you that they had to win it. with my fists clenched so tightly to the point where no air was escaping from my grasp, the belief that a dream in sports would come true was becoming a reality. an epic finish to a brilliant story fueled by hate for an organization and hope for a confused, goofy little manning would reach its completion. i just wish i didnt have to work this morning, or else i would have probably been dead last night.

that game was exactly what i needed last night in my favorite sporting event. theres nothing i love more than a good story, and for a story to end where it just makes you feel amazing afterwatds. and regardless what anyone may say, thats exactly how it should have ended. with patriots fans, you can tell they are angry because they try saying, "so what, i dont care. we still have 3 superbowls with brady"... but thats all they can say, as they know that in this story, they have become nothing more than the bad guys that have been subdued. they have no arrogance left in their bloodstream, except for previous accomplishments that mean nothing in the present. their own "mastermind" bill bellichick ran off the field, deserting his "team" because he is a poor sport. and everyone got on joe gibbs for running off the field immediately following his game against the patriots.... bellichick left his men on the field while he ran and hid in the locker room. SO PATRIOTS, I SAY TO YOU TODAY: act as if you're proud of the giants. act as if you didnt really care for the 19-0. because you all know how badly you wanted it, and your perfection was sucked away by your OLD MAN DEFENSE and a little inconsistent kid that "was" having an identity crisis because of his brother. or better yet, patriots fans, try to dissuade the attention to something else and say "i feel bad for the giants, the patriots are getting more attention when they lost." i don't feel bad for the giants, i feel bad for the patriots... they are humiliated. tell junior seau who looks like a monkey that he's never winning a superbowl. tell moss to go back to oakland and tell the owners he's feeling "depressed and cant play good football." tell bruschi to have another stroke. tell tom brady to come back to his college alumni state and play for the lions. tell bellichick that you're an arrogant, overconfident, self-proclaimed genius that cant face a team that actually has heart. and TELL THE PATRIOTS FANS THAT THEY ARE NO LONGER GIVEN THE RIGHT TO TALK ABOUT FOOTBALL. YOU NO LONGER CAN USE YOUR TEAM AS YOUR FALSE SENSE OF CONFIDENCE IN SOMETHING COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT TO YOUR OWN LIFE. NOW COMES REALITY, PATRIOTS FANS, AND YOU GUYS ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING. if you want, go wait for the nba playoffs and hate my detroit pistons, i dont care. i have no "pride" with any team. but you no longer are given complete immunity in football discussions due to that sense of "pride" and your "record." your ego has been shattered, live with it. nothing is worse than someone that thinks they're a better person just because their team is doing well. its irritating.

and with that, i'm glad i lived through this amazing football season. THANK YOU ELI, THANK YOU FOR SAVING THE ONE SPORT I LOVE.

and PATRIOTS AND ANY PATRIOTS FANS, let your wounds heal. try to shy away from football conversation for a while, because you have nothing special. theres no team to hide behind anymore.

SO LETS MOVE ONWARD AND UPWARD. START NEXT SEASON IMMEDIATELY. LETS GO DETROIT LIONS. MARINELLI, TAKE NOTE FROM THE GIANTS AND ELI: DISCARD KITNA, GO WITH A YOUNGER QB. GET MCCOWN BACK, BECAUSE ACCORDING TO MADDEN 2007, JOSH MCCOWN WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER THAN PEYTON MANNING IN 2010 IF YOU SIMULATE A FEW SEASONS. THE CURSE OF BOBBY LAYNE WILL HAVE BEEN LIFTED AND WE WILL RISE AGAINST AND WIN A SUPERBOWL

... but we will talk about that next september