Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

okay, but how does that explain 2 rare items in a row picked up by 1 person going to the same person. Once again, there were only 2 people, we broke both boxes with the same rare item in both, I picked them both up back to back, it was set in order, and neither of us were full or full on that item. I would like to see more prove, preferrably a longer run than just 4 pick-ups
    Flora, Cast Female (Level 150), HU-11/RA-20/FO-10/FG-18/GT-20/GU-20 :Sakura(GH421-Level 100.99 range):- XBox 360, Online
    LeAnne, Newman Female (Level 122), HU/FO-10/RA-13/FG-10/FT-11/WT-10/GT-10/AT-13/GT-10/FG-1/GU-1/MF-2 :Ella(GH454-Level 100.99 tech):- XBox 360, Online
    (haven't updated the rest of my characters)

On 2008-02-08 11:42, Talise wrote:
    okay, but how does that explain 2 rare items in a row picked up by 1 person going to the same person. Once again, there were only 2 people, we broke both boxes with the same rare item in both, I picked them both up back to back, it was set in order, and neither of us were full or full on that item. I would like to see more prove, preferrably a longer run than just 4 pick-ups
    The order in which items are distributed is not static, it changes after everyone gets an item. A person can be last in one "order" and then be first in the next, so they'll get two items in a row. Happens all the time.

yes that is the theory and I believe that for the most part, I'm simply asking to have this proven. Also in this case, that rare item distrubition test might be inaccurate as it was only 1 round of normal and rare items, which is why I would prefer a longer test for standard and rare items being seperate. Of course if it has been proven elsewhere I do not know about it so direct me please =D
    Flora, Cast Female (Level 150), HU-11/RA-20/FO-10/FG-18/GT-20/GU-20 :Sakura(GH421-Level 100.99 range):- XBox 360, Online
    LeAnne, Newman Female (Level 122), HU/FO-10/RA-13/FG-10/FT-11/WT-10/GT-10/AT-13/GT-10/FG-1/GU-1/MF-2 :Ella(GH454-Level 100.99 tech):- XBox 360, Online

On 2008-02-08 19:52, Talise wrote:
    yes that is the theory and I believe that for the most part, I'm simply asking to have this proven.
    I'm not sure what you mean by "have this proven."
    Here is someone else's video showing someone last in the first set of two and first in the second set.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aPLj2jdi_Y

On 2008-02-08 19:52, Talise wrote:
    Also in this case, that rare item distribution test might be inaccurate as it was only 1 round of normal and rare items, which is why I would prefer a longer test for standard and rare items being separate.
    In test #3, the rumor is already disproved by the first round. A longer run can not prove anything more. The first normal item and the first rare item picked up both went to the same person. If normal items and rare items are sorted together, then this could never ever have happened. Since it did happen, the rumor must be false.

Length doesn't matter, only possibility vs impossibility. My proofs were based on this logic:

Fact: If rumor is true, X can never happen. If rumor is false, Y can never happen.
    Test: Try to record X or Y happening.
    Conclusion: If X or Y happened, rumor is proved or disproved. If neither happens, reset test, try again.

If you can provide a test (and maybe a recorder) I can help make more proof.

sorry about the repeat lecture about normal and rare item linking I simply wasn't thinking straight when I said that part. Now about the how the order is set each new round is still unclear from having only 2 sets of drops each run with only 2 people. From the videos we have observed that the order changes after 1 set has been completed, but that was the only thing we observed about it. It hasn't been proven whether the order has a predetermined pattern to follow, or it's just random each time. It might just be reversed or alternate to the next person in line from the previous start of the order. In order to test this I suggest observing 3 sets of normal items dropped while set in order with 3 people in the party. Also, it would be nice to have a video proving that it matters who picks up the item. I know we're in agreement that each person has their own order, but with orders being reset after every set are we really sure that it wasn't because the order reset instead of different people picking the items up that they went to different people. This is probably not the case but I'd like to see it just in case =D

On 2008-02-10 02:25, Talise wrote:
    Now about the how the order is set each new round is still unclear from having only 2 sets of drops each run with only 2 people. From the videos we have observed that the order changes after 1 set has been completed, but that was the only thing we observed about it. It hasn't been proven whether the order has a predetermined pattern to follow, or it's just random each time. It might just be reversed or alternate to the next person in line from the previous start of the order. In order to test this I suggest observing 3 sets of normal items dropped while set in order with 3 people in the party.
    It's just random. These recordings are just the relevant trials out of dozens of results. Set in order is the same as random except after a player is send an item they are skipped until everyone else has been sent an item.

[Red, Green,] reset [Red, Green,] from Test #1
    [Red, Green,] reset [Green, Red,] from Mira's Test

On 2008-02-10 02:25, Talise wrote:
    Also, it would be nice to have a video proving that it matters who picks up the item. I know we're in agreement that each person has their own order, but with orders being reset after every set are we really sure that it wasn't because the order reset instead of different people picking the items up that they went to different people. This is probably not the case but I'd like to see it just in case =D
    Notice how the order never reset in mid-order. It does not matter who picks up the item. You can see this with a six person group. If five items are picked up, process of elimination will show who must get the sixth item. Having any of the items picked up by different people will not change this.