Page 8 of 78 FirstFirst ... 5678910111858 ... LastLast

On 2008-04-29 17:47, Totti wrote:
    On that support page am i sposed to fill out an abusive player form or ask a question i the knowledge base? Cause i did the latter.
    I fill out the abusive behavior form but obviously you don't fill in the abusive player areas. You put main problem then fill out the problem discription box. Normally I wouldn't be so pissed about this but the fact that it's happening to so many people during an event is just ridiculous. This is the third time I've had this happen, actually this happend to me in February of this year so 2 months ago, and once last year. So I think they definetely owe us some sort of compensation and that's why I filed a complaint with the BBB.

I hate to sound like a broken record but when you mail Sega demand compensation AND I recommend you file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. The more people that do this the better the results will be. The info for contacting the BBB is a few posts back up. Also just for the hell of it here is the number to the billing department:1-415-701-3806
    Maybe if a lot of people call and bug the billing dept. they will get it fixed quicker.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NGX on 2008-04-29 20:29 ]</font>

lol

Go Sega Go! Don't let EA beat you for the worst customer service! You can do it!

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Jesus Christ. I hope someone puts up a hacked server someday.
    SUPER WIZARD EMPEROR

This problem seems to crop up en mass every time there's a major event, resulting in a sudden run on the billing servers. It happened within the first week of the game, it happened during Firebreak, it happened during 1up, it happened when AoI was released, it happened for Winter Event, and it's happening again, now. I dunno if it's because the billing servers can't handle the sudden load, or if these issues are completely normal, and we only hear a lot about it during events because subscription rates go up.

Now what I do know about it, is that Sega isn't directly responsible for the billing system. They're contracting out to another company to handle it, and I'd almost bet that this is why solving billing problems is so slow going. If they're not regularly bitching at this 3rd party company, then quite frankly, I'd say that they're outright irresponsible.

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016

I left my account active since Sunday so that my account might just be fixed. I just now cancelled my account to see what would happen now that it is late Tuesday night and...'pending cancellation soon' lol ..now I wait.
    Cheating is just an admission of personal inadequacy.

On 2008-04-29 22:18, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
    This problem seems to crop up en mass every time there's a major event, resulting in a sudden run on the billing servers. It happened within the first week of the game, it happened during Firebreak, it happened during 1up, it happened when AoI was released, it happened for Winter Event, and it's happening again, now. I dunno if it's because the billing servers can't handle the sudden load, or if these issues are completely normal, and we only hear a lot about it during events because subscription rates go up.

Now what I do know about it, is that Sega isn't directly responsible for the billing system. They're contracting out to another company to handle it, and I'd almost bet that this is why solving billing problems is so slow going. If they're not regularly bitching at this 3rd party company, then quite frankly, I'd say that they're outright irresponsible.
    Ok, so here's the thing. Well, two things...

1. This game doesn't have much of a population - even when it first launched. (counting only the PS2/PC side, as MS handles the billing for Xbox) Do they even still MAKE servers that are that incapable of handling what is by all rights minimal traffic compared to the myriad of other billing services which handle FAR FAR more traffic than PSU? I mean, are they running the billing server on a 486 or something?

2. As this is NOT a new problem (as you've shown), then why was nothing done to rectify this situation before what is possibly the single most anticipated event in PSU lifespan? Those who do not learn from their mistakes are doomed to repeat them, eh? This was "Do or die" time for Sega with PSU, a last chance to really draw back in the audience they lost and show them the improvements they made to the game. This utter lack of preparedness, or demand of preparedness from their contracted billing company, is completely inexcusable - regardless of whether or not they're on the horn chewing them out now or not.

Really... did NOONE in a position of decision making at Sega of America put two and two together when they decided to implement a competitive leaderboard system when they KNEW they still had issues with the billing system that were unresolved, and indeed, even expected at the start of these types of events? Did they NOT expect this kind of backlash, or think that it wouldn't hurt their business or reputation?

Any respectable company would have terminated this billing company (or billing staff) a long time ago.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Mechanized Combat Engineer Freshellent's Avatar

Hmm, just ran into the error 65 myself. I guess if and when I do make it back on to PSU I'll have to spend all of my free time catching up to the leaderboards, OR if it's too late just work on my alts and forget that shotgun.

Oh well. Hopefully it gets resolved soon.
    Veteran of the former Universe 11. PSO2 -Ship 02-

On 2008-04-29 20:56, Sinue_v2 wrote:
    lol

Go Sega Go! Don't let EA beat you for the worst customer service! You can do it!

lmao .... so true

-_- When is this going to be fixed... Monday my arse.

i bet sometime around the end of mag. ST dosent take this seriously at all.
    Retired PC/PS2 server caras:
    AUTARCH, M cast, Lv 147, FG/PT
    NORDLYS, M newman, LV141, AT
    Frozt, F beast, LV106, FF