Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I honestly believe that element doesn't matter. Only a couple of hits from them and anyone is almost going to go down. They sure pack a punch!
    Yitbos!

On 2008-04-30 16:52, Legendria wrote:
    On 2008-04-30 16:47, Artea wrote:
    I'm thinking it's a regular attack (which would be the Orga's element, Ground) since you can evade it.

Just while we're on the subject, Jarba's Dambarta can NOT be evaded, correct?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Artea on 2008-04-30 16:48 ]</font>
    You can evade the light element sleep attacks in WB too.....but is that only light because the enemies are light?

Mindboggling.
    Only light enemies use it, there'd be an easier way to find out if an enemy of another element could use it. But I'm guessing it's the same deal as the Damfoie since you can evade it.

Things like Dambarta and Megid retain their respective elements though since they're the actual spell.

PENDING CANCEL
    lost on a island in a hatch attempting to save the world from overpriced commericalism.

on this topic of armor i find that lightning armor is completely useless on lightning attributed monsters.go figure.however i find the constant stream fire is more annoying than the fling fire.then again they really dont live long enough in my prescense to use any attack really.

On 2008-04-30 16:03, Kylie wrote:
    I always wondered about this, but I was too lazy to test it out myself. Thanks for doing the work for me!
    My pleasure.

*presents a bill for a bushel of bananas*

Dambarta = not a problem
    Two Foie balls = problem

Fire armor wins x_x

I feel that those 2-foie combos those vandas throws is pretty cheap considering the speed they are throwing the attack and the attack power of them.

And this also makes wonder why the hell the rest of the stage isnīt as lethal. :S
    Bah, Cave B is hell on earth soloing. D:
    [PSO2] Darkante: Cast HU-44/RA-43/FI-42/GU-30
    Astral Storm: Newman F HU-35
    [PSP2:I]
    RB3 - Dark Knight "Ante" : Cast M Lv 200/ JLv Hu50/Ra50/F30/Va46
    RB3 - Crimson Sky: Beast F Lv 174/ JLv Hu34/Ra18/Fo1/Va50
    RB0 - Zone Dynamite: Beast M Lv 76/ JLv Hu0/Ra7/Fo0/Va0

you probably need armor with the same elemnt as the creature. just like how fire Jarba's do megid & dambarta not fire, like the vandas never to diga only fire attacks.

Cast/M, 150
    Beast/F, 86
    Newman/M, 110
    Beast/M, 101

Taking A Break From PSU

On 2008-04-30 16:00, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
    I really wish it were real damfoie though, even if that would mean higher level burn, being able to block it is rather annoying, as it often gets me killed (the blocking animation stops me from running away, the same reason I hate De Ragan's flamethrower, unless by some miracle I block every hit, I'm screwed).
    Actually that attack is SE5 Burn, Damfoie would be totally weaker :

Evading a hit from the attack recovers more quickly than the bit of stagger if you take it directly. Sometimes you can jog out the side of their AOE like that.

Do hits from behind your character ignore EVP? If that's the case I'll have to start strafing backwards rather than running away when I see one starting the attack. They always tag me a couple times, which can be bad if I just end up stuck in someone else's flamethrower immediately or a couple foies hit right after.

On 2008-05-01 06:51, panzer_unit wrote:
    Do hits from behind your character ignore EVP?
    No. I've blocked a hit from behind multiple times.

I too tend to think their damfoie is gound as well, I don't have very high percen ground weapons but I do have 46 and 50% Fire weapons so when they hi me with foie when throwing their haxored double foie attack I don't get damaged as much, when it comes to damoie I get burned alive, flinched and burned again.