Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: 2nd MAG Event

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon_Knight View Post
    Not for nothing...but I don't think Sega has changed at ALL since PSO came out. They set themselves up by making the DC version(and all other console versions there after) client side and made no attempts to patch against the cheat devices. Though how far they could take that is questionable anyway. But any patches they did make tended to screw up anyway...if I recall the double save patch correctly. It was mildly acceptable back in V1 days since anyone could play for free...you get what you pay for...but I've played many other FREE online games since then, all of which show vastly superior support compared to Sega.
    I think they've changed; if only because data isn't stored client side now. Apparently, they hired a twelve year old amateur programmer at some point to tell them that storing data client side is a VERY BAD IDEA.

Patching is meaningless with character data stored client side - there was nothing they could do since it was too late for them to reverse that bad decision. I remember a running battle between ST and what's-his-face - they implemented something, within a week, their fix had been bypassed.

Okay, that's not a huge change, but it's the most important change I could imagine ST going through. Nobody likes corrupted character data, especially after wasting a few thousand hours hunting teh rarz.

As for support, well, they're not good. Far from the worst I've seen, however. Even with regard to updates, amazingly enough. (I'm looking at you CCP and EVE Online. Soon(tm).) They could be far better, as I noted earlier; and with little effort. Like, stop spewing information that isn't confirmed by HQ or whatever. Nobody's going to pull out pitchforkacs and torchics, maybe, and mob the GMs, for all love. There's no need to be going on about what *might* happen to compensate for problems. False information is far more damaging than 'We're working on ideas for compensation. Unfortunately, we don't know yet. We'll let the players know as soon as we're sure what will happen.'

Quote Originally Posted by Desecration View Post
    I wonder if the PA rebalance will be given before the second MAG.
    Doubtful considering they're saying we'll get the second MAG in less then two weeks, i'll just level my PA's at MY convenience and hopes that it will come out sooner then later. My laser cannons have been lacking that oooopmh i've been wanting.
    Make Em Bleed!!

Character info (trial phase): http://psupedia.info/User:RahXephon

http://digitaldelights.tumblr.com/

If I was one of the people that got hit with Error 065 I'd be pretty pissed right about now.

i know this is very newb of me to ask but im a newb so i guess its ok lol
    what was error 065

Quote Originally Posted by DarkEliteRico View Post
    Doubtful considering they're saying we'll get the second MAG in less then two weeks, i'll just level my PA's at MY convenience and hopes that it will come out sooner then later. My laser cannons have been lacking that oooopmh i've been wanting.
    "We are planning the event extension for late June and the MAG rewards should come in early July. This will not effect other content scheduled for June, including PA experience rebalance."

it's starting to look like people didn't even read the first post...

the major problem was communication, Sonic Team's plan was for the break in the MA:G event, SoA's branch just announced it early. Seems this board has become even more cynical since i left

Quote Originally Posted by superlak View Post
    i know this is very newb of me to ask but im a newb so i guess its ok lol
    what was error 065
    A billing error that kept Pc/Ps2 people from playing (A pending cancel I think :\ )

Cast/M, 150
    Beast/F, 86
    Newman/M, 110
    Beast/M, 101

Taking A Break From PSU

MAG 2nd time around get ready for halloween rappies :P.

Quote Originally Posted by Realmz View Post
    "We are planning the event extension for late June and the MAG rewards should come in early July. This will not effect other content scheduled for June, including PA experience rebalance."

it's starting to look like people didn't even read the first post...

the major problem was communication, Sonic Team's plan was for the break in the MA:G event, SoA's branch just announced it early. Seems this board has become even more cynical since i left
    Seriously people, read the 1st post of the thread before jumping to conclusions.

Master of the obvious Dragon_Knight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juza View Post
    I think they've changed; if only because data isn't stored client side now. Apparently, they hired a twelve year old amateur programmer at some point to tell them that storing data client side is a VERY BAD IDEA.

Patching is meaningless with character data stored client side - there was nothing they could do since it was too late for them to reverse that bad decision. I remember a running battle between ST and what's-his-face - they implemented something, within a week, their fix had been bypassed.

Okay, that's not a huge change, but it's the most important change I could imagine ST going through. Nobody likes corrupted character data, especially after wasting a few thousand hours hunting teh rarz.

As for support, well, they're not good. Far from the worst I've seen, however. Even with regard to updates, amazingly enough. (I'm looking at you CCP and EVE Online. Soon(tm).) They could be far better, as I noted earlier; and with little effort. Like, stop spewing information that isn't confirmed by HQ or whatever. Nobody's going to pull out pitchforkacs and torchics, maybe, and mob the GMs, for all love. There's no need to be going on about what *might* happen to compensate for problems. False information is far more damaging than 'We're working on ideas for compensation. Unfortunately, we don't know yet. We'll let the players know as soon as we're sure what will happen.'
    Barubary....heh I almost forgot about him.

Not as bad as I would have expected.