Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

IDK and IDC. Those two annoy me the most. Why can't you type out those words. It's not that hard.

It's and its. My ENGLISH teacher confuses those. <_<

Im mainly not bothered (I hate internet grammer nazis) but incorperating numbers instead of letters (l337) or using abrviations ending with z (cuz) piss me off for some reason (also I dont like sum) makes me think the guy posting is hust some dumb kid lol

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Iduno, you're kinda contradicting everyone in this thread dude.

Absolutely, positively the MOST unlucky person!!! Raine_Loire's Avatar

I don't mind when people use SOME shorthand- I use ppl and IDC and IDK, etc.

I like to space out paragraphs and I wish everyone else did as well, I'm beginning to suspect ADD and my eyes just cross when I see a block of text.

The "your, you're, yore" and "their, there, they're" bother me, as well as it's and its, affect and effect, well you get the picture.

I shouldn't say they bother me so much as they just cause me to immediately assume the poster has a very low IQ. Especially when someone's posting an argument and trying to support it saying how smart they are, but every other word is misspelled in the post. Seriously. Spell check. Especially when being a condescending ass.

Well I usualy type with a wii or when doing something else as well so shorthand and typos are a given lol as long as its understandable and doesnt hurt the eyes (like l337 5p3ak) who cares? If its something like sum or cuz( and abrieation of an abriviation) making yourself seem illiterate for the sake of 1 letter is dumb but stuff like IDK or lol is understandable especialy if someone's just nipping onto a forum for a quick check on posts and post or if your on an IM and doing something else at the same time

People just need to use common sense sometimes

you're right. It's when it's like- every word in a post that it gets annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Iduno View Post
    Well I usualy type with a Wii or when doing something else as well, so shorthand and typos are a given lol as long as it's understandable and doesn't hurt the eyes (like l337 5p3ak), who cares? If it's something like sum or cuz (and abrieation abbreviation of an abriviation abbreviation) making yourself seem illiterate for the sake of 1 letter is dumb but stuff like IDK or lol is understandable especialy if someone's just nipping onto a forum for a quick check on posts and post or if you're on an IM and doing something else at the same time.

People just need to use common sense sometimes.
    Jesus Christ, man. English isn't even my first language and I'm the one who ends up correcting you!

Quote Originally Posted by KodiaX987 View Post
    Jesus Christ, man. English isn't even my first language and I'm the one who ends up correcting you!
    does it honestly matter?

This is an internet forum not an English spelling/ grammer course and i'm damned if i'm going to keep checking for typos and spelling mistakes when people can understand what i'm typing on a thread that will be dead within a month or so anyway

(anyway English is my 1st language but I did better in my French GCSE then my English one lol)
    Last edited by Iduno; Jun 13, 2008 at 10:02 AM.

lol more like dead in a week. It's a rare thread that lasts longer than that. Once it's off the front page, it's dead to us.