View Poll Results: Hot or cold pizza?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hot

29 90.63%
  • Cold

3 9.38%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I like it hot, besides, that way I can use a napkin to dab out the grease.

I'm not talking about room temperature. I'm talking in the fridge <_>

Quote Originally Posted by VioletSkye View Post
    Ugh, can't stand cold pizza, definitely hot
    Indeed.
    Call me a safe bet. I'm betting I'm not.
    I'm glad that you can forgive.
    Only hoping as time goes, you can forget.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Hm. Good question Shlig.

I do love hot pizza, but I also like pizza because it's one of the few things you can eat cold and still taste good.

...now I want pizza. :<

Supreme Pantless Commander SpikeOtacon's Avatar

It depends on the pizza for me. Like a lot of foods there are a lot of different ways to make it with a wide variety of different ingredients used to make Pizza. And I don't mean LOL VEGAN PIZZA, I mean the subtle differences between Tomatos that come from the east side of the Mississippi as opposed to the west, the change in the way the cheese melts if there are several cheeses used for the top rather than just one, the thickness of the crust and if it is stuffed or not, etc. Not to mention toppings. A lot of how the pizza as a whole comes together will determine if I can enjoy it a certain way.

All pizzas that I eat are sublime when freshly cooked. However, only a certain few can get the dubious honor of being my "cold pizza" favorites. The local Pizza shack down the road makes pizza that is just as good hot as it is cold. I don't know how they do it but they do. Also, Frechetta brick oven pepperoni is amazing to me cold. Some places I can't do their cold pizzas, like Pappa Johns or Pizza Hut. Also, Uno's Chicago deep dish I can't eat cold.

Damn it now I want a pizza. Thanks PSOW, i'll blame those few extra pounds i'm about to gain on you.

She's a summer love in the spring, fall and winter

Cold pizza is great.

Hot pizza is a tastebud-multiclimaxorgasmspoogetimetosleeplifeisgood

So yea, hot.

I wanna comment on this again. Has anyone here ever put pizza in the fridge and ate it the next day? That's cold pizza. I'm not talking about disgusting room temperature pizza. It seems like a lot of people have missed what I'm talking about.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

I know what you're talking about. >_>;

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Shligger View Post
    I wanna comment on this again. Has anyone here ever put pizza in the fridge and ate it the next day? That's cold pizza. I'm not talking about disgusting room temperature pizza. It seems like a lot of people have missed what I'm talking about.
    Hmm... I understood it clearly enough. The real difference I find is that when it is cold, the sauce seems a bit more sweetened, more prevalent taste than whatever the rest of the toppings may be. When it is hot, all the flavors seem to come out more equally. Cold cheese seems to lose just a little something, it's a little more bland. Pepperoni tends to just taste like salt, instead of meat. The dough, however seems to pick up a certain something when it is cold, a dessert-y type density and flavor.

Never had cold pizza. I do enjoy some room temperature pizza that's been sitting out for a day or two though (when the pizza is fortunate enough to last that long). And though a bit off subject, I prefer a few-hours-old stromboli over a fresh one due to the way the grease solidifies. Then again, I've only ever had pizza from a scant few places (that I can remember).