Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

You get a tracking number by calling them up. But its a long distance call if you dont live in Florida. The number is : (727)431-0650

oh and by the way , my tracking number says scheduled delievery is April 21 (monday) even though i paid for 3 day shipping, When i called, they sent me a check with the full refund of my $9 shipping charge since its been well over 2 weeks. So if you guys want a tracking number, and to get your shipping money back..give them a call..

Thanks a lot. Again, too bad Powerboard won't come tomorrow since crap UPS doesn't ship on Saturdays =P

And I guess I'll hafta call on Monday if it doesn't come.

Oh, and one other thing...

250th post! Whoo!

I never got any confirmation from Datel when I bought my keyboard. I only got a confirmation from WorldPay. How can I find out my UPS tracking number? I know I've been charged already - it was on last month's bill.

-- Barubary

Student...electrical engineering

Ummm...are they REALLY in JP mode. This really sucks dirt. I would at least think they would have gotten it in a US keyboard layout. Is it the shift-key combinations that are mismapped.

I KNOW for a fact that the GCN will accept a US layout. Layrinn knows it too. We both made our own keyboard adapters and sold them. They were layed out in US format.

Has anyone experianced "sticky-key" problems with their Datel? I might have to buy one my self to dismantle it...lol. I want to see what makes it "tick."

On 2003-04-18 16:35, alland wrote:
    Ummm...are they REALLY in JP mode. This really sucks dirt. I would at least think they would have gotten it in a US keyboard layout. Is it the shift-key combinations that are mismapped.

I KNOW for a fact that the GCN will accept a US layout. Layrinn knows it too. We both made our own keyboard adapters and sold them. They were layed out in US format.

Has anyone experianced "sticky-key" problems with their Datel? I might have to buy one my self to dismantle it...lol. I want to see what makes it "tick."
    It uses the ascii keyboard layout exactly, so it's not just shift keys it's also some normal keys such as _ @ arrow keys and a few others that are totally out of place.

On 2003-04-18 16:40, Broken Hope wrote:
    On 2003-04-18 16:35, alland wrote:

It uses the ascii keyboard layout exactly, so it's not just shift keys it's also some normal keys such as _ @ arrow keys and a few others that are totally out of place.
    Ummm...well, this isn't the news I wanted to hear about a production model made for U.S. gamers. It is QUITE easy for Datel to make the keyboard in US layout mode. I did it with my adapters just fine. It is not possible to modify the Datel adapters though...too bad. They are transmitting the JP ID code to the GCN.

I have done a lot of work on the GCN controllers so I do know. One of few that actually know what makes the ASCII controller tick. Layrinn is the other that I know of that knows as much or maybe more on the subject.

I am offering this below as information not as an adversisement as we are wanting to help the PSO community out.

Me and a friend WILL be posting more of our adapters with the "correct" layout codes for U.S. format on EBay again. You can find more out about our adapters at http://www.indiglo.net. We will be selling fully assembled and tested adapters for $29.99 or kits for $19.99.

I have experianced no problems except one that is very minor with mine. The adapter will, after a long period of playing, start to suffer from "sticky-keys" which is solved by unplugging the keyboard from the GCN, wait 5 seconds, and plug it back in. This may be a result of the wireless keyboard I am using with it (Logitech Wireless Access Keyboard) or may not. I have to change the batteries every now and then, but having a wireless keyboard is not that bad at all! Goes with my WaveBird just great!

I wish I could provide information to mod a Datel adapter, but if they are using an adapter like I think then it will not be easy to do unless I could see their code and re-write it with the US ID in it.

It is also possible to reconfigure the adapters that we make to other country layouts by changing the ID code that is sent when the controller is plugged in. I do not know how may layouts PSO supports, but it should support every country layout they sell the game in.

The only two layouts that I know right now are JP and of course U.S.

Like I said, I will most likely order one to see what makes it "tick."

Mrs_Kitty, where did you get that UPS tracking # on Datel's site?

so, from what I hear so far, the problem with mismapping is not because of the keyboard, but that the game expects the JPN layout, and they keys are US labeled. Sounds like a ST problem, not Datels. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Here is a way to check if the keyboard is in US mode...does SHIFT + '2' make a @ symbol. Does SHIFT + '=' make a '+' symbol. Does the other SHIFT combinations work alright? If the answer to this is NO then the keyboard is in JP or another region layout. If the answer is YES then the keyboard is in U.S. layout.

The GCN or PSO does not control the keyboard layout. PSO supports many keyboard layouts and it is up to the keyboard to tell the GCN and PSO what it is when it is plugged in. If it gives the response "I am a JP keyboard" then the keyboard layout will be in JP mode regardless of the settings in the game.

This was, I believe, an effort to provide a wide support of keyboard layouts on the system. It WILL support a U.S. keyboard layout (PSO game will) IF and ONLY IF the keyboard sends the correct ID code to the GCN to tell it what it is.

I could VERY easily tell you what ID code it is sending if I had a Datel keyboard to test with. It is easy to see on a oscilloscope (which is a very handy piece of equipment to have).

All I have to do is look at the signals when the controller, keyboard, or adapter is plugged in. That is when it sends it's ID code.

Well, you could consider it Datel's probem for not labeling the keys correctly...but Datel SHOULD have put the keyboard into US layout by transmitting the correct ID to the GCN.

I like U.S. layouts anyways, more used to position of the keys and symbols they make.

My Logitech wireless keyboard has the correct layout. I am using my own adapter though. Made it with a PIC microcontroller.