View Poll Results: What is your opinion on this?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's a good idea.

35 29.17%
  • It's a horrible idea.

34 28.33%
  • What are they thinking???

51 42.50%
Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast

Angry what is this Tech visual fix?

Graphics modifications
    * Attack TECHNIC visuals will be adjusted at LV31+ so that only the caster will see the effect. Everyone else will see the TECHNIC in its LV21-30 form.

(**This was posted from PSUpedia in the Upcoming Events section**)

Um...what on earth is this?
    If this means what I think it does I kinda want to straight up quit being a techer right now. Anyone else have anything to say on this?

Oh and forget MasterTecher now...lvl 50 attack spells pfft.
    Yay, I have a lvl 50 Megid but sadly it looks like a tiny puffball that couldn't hurt a lvl 1 pannon let alone eight lvl. 165 Magashi's.
    Last edited by Kaiae0667; Oct 17, 2008 at 12:30 AM. Reason: General
    Kaiae | F Newman | Level 160 | MasterForce20 | 100 Tech PM
    Kai | F Cast | Level 75 | ForteTecher20 | 100 Armor PM
    Calypso | F Human| Level 20 | Force 10 | 100 Range PM
    Ariana | F Beast | Level 75 | Wartecher20 | 100 Striking PM

everyone in the party will see 21-30 techs to get rid of lag

Half the fun of casting technics is causing slowdown for the douchenozzles that scatter enemies all over the screen.

i find it funny how u cant SHOW OFF to people who DONT CARE and every techer in the game crys a river of tears.

the only people who care about no one else being able to see your techs, are the people who are casting them in the first place! lol
    So long Xbox servers! Hello JP PSU, Infinity, and PSO2!

JP PSU: Samus Aran lvl 180/20 GM

Quote Originally Posted by Complex_Jao View Post
    everyone in the party will see 21-30 techs to get rid of lag
    Whether it fixes 'some' of the lag or not is mute.
    I work on computers and do Web Design as my job on a daily basis. You can fix lag without doing that.

No 'true techers' are going to want to be a techer anymore. What's the fun of having a massive diga ball or megid flying across the screen if no one can see it?

Not to mention that will only fix lag in missions techers are in.
    It's not going to do jack to fix oh say...Flowery Pursuit, where when you walk in if you have more than 1 person with you lag so bad you have to restart your 360 after the mission.
    Last edited by Kaiae0667; Oct 17, 2008 at 12:16 AM.

Definitely not looking forward to that. I don't play on my techer much right now anyway but once we get that update I doubt I'll have any motivation at all to play as a techer.
    (360) If you have a Love Inferno that you're thinking of selling, PM me pleeeeeease.

I'm not going to wanna play as my techer when this update comes..and wuts the point of going Masterforce if the caster will be the only one to see the spell's effect is the caster..i mean yea lvl 50 spells will be fun but nobody will be able to see it...i dont think its a good idea at all..

Quote Originally Posted by pikachief View Post
    i find it funny how u cant SHOW OFF to people who DONT CARE and every techer in the game crys a river of tears.

the only people who care about no one else being able to see your techs, are the people who are casting them in the first place! lol
    And if I want to set up a screenshot of 6 level 50 death balls? Not to mention that most of the tech lag issues are the spells themselves. As a fighter, I can say with absolute certianty that a level 1 ramegid lags about much as a level 40 ramegid, therefore, it's only purpose it to tick off the techers. (thank god my female newman is ready for fighmaster when it comes out)
    Quote Originally Posted by SupraMKIV View Post
    Oh wow! I'm lucky my xbox RROD'ed...Thanks MS, you saved me from the rollback.
    I hear ya! THANK YOU MICROSOFT!

It only affects other users ability to see your lagballs and lagbooms. The user of the techs can see them in all their glory. Any "true techer" wouldn't give damn...kind of a blessing since most people don't like partying with techers because of the lagness they bring anyways.

The funny thing is that this won't fix anything really, lv.20 Rafoie causes just as much slowdown if not more than it's 31/41+ brothers for example.

Dayton/Fairborn/Troy/Springfield, OH, USA

Dambarta seems to be worse at 21-30 than any other level range. = \
    ~360~ MCVelvetJanuary
    ~Skyly~ Beseal 180 AF/FF/WT | True Villain Caseal 170+ AT/GT
    Violent Violet Caseal 180 PT/GM/FM | Mistress Vulcana Newearl 179+ MF