Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: new scans

Quote Originally Posted by Clunker View Post
    O.o

That's the slicer? Huh, I had the idea it was the Shield...

Um, EspioKaos? Any chance you could find the time to translate the names of the weapons listed/

(Trying to use wikipedia's katakana listing, and it's slow going... eheh.. )
    He translated them all already on page 1.

*Headdesk*

Sorry folks, was assuming that was referencing earlier notations - not this scan. gah.

Teach me to READ more carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowInferno119 View Post
    lol, When I read that, I figured you out of all people would be. Any who i'ma FO user too.(Just started PSO for the first time) Can you explain what the slicers are and what they do?
    Slicers are easily my favorite weapon type from PSO - they don't exactly have the best stats as far as power and accuracy go, but there are ways to use them where you'll easily make up for this. They were really unique weapons until Nintendo ripped-offused a similar idea for the Boomerang in Wind Waker (which is manual, as opposed to this being automated).

Basically, a Slicer is a ranged melee weapon of sorts - you swing the weapon, and an energy blade is flung out toward your target. After it hits (or misses, but it actually has to collide with a target) it finds the nearest enemy and bounces to it, hitting up to five targets. It's like a Chain Lightning effect (like Gizonde, just not instant), and is physical damage.

The attack animation for them is generally unwieldy, preventing many people from using them in melee combat (where the first target will just be hit by the projectile immediately in front of you, like a point-blank shot with a gun), but some classes can use them better than others, and any units that increase attack speed make them much more viable.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

Well, first disappointing with PSZ.
    But hell, its 1 againts 32 major surprises I recived.

Anyone else is sad due to the lack of shotguns? D:

Ok, one handed gun, I can adjust to that. I mean, It would be ideal to have the twin version, but assuming this as PSO alike, its was very foolish of my part to expect it.

I can already imagine my equipment, a nice pistol, twin mechas for desperado time, and a Gunblade (lets face it, sorry anti-square guys) to kick the anti bullet enemies.

I can't wish more to play this game as soon as possible.

I think the lack of a Shotgun in this one, may be attributed to the inclusion of the Launcher and Bazooka as basic weapon types - giving Rangers more than enough options for AOE damage.

Kinda like how Partisans have been dropped in favor of Spears, because they have a different function (despite that Partisans were functionally superior to Swords, anyway).

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

Nice weapons.
    ...Rest in peace, ol' chap. :'(

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosAngel92 View Post
    Well, first disappointing with PSZ.
    But hell, its 1 againts 32 major surprises I recived.

Anyone else is sad due to the lack of shotguns? D:

Ok, one handed gun, I can adjust to that. I mean, It would be ideal to have the twin version, but assuming this as PSO alike, its was very foolish of my part to expect it.

I can already imagine my equipment, a nice pistol, twin mechas for desperado time, and a Gunblade (lets face it, sorry anti-square guys) to kick the anti bullet enemies.

I can't wish more to play this game as soon as possible.
    Both (Shotgun and Twin Handguns) can still be in the game as non-standard weapons.

Even though Twin Saber isn't listed, I'm pretty sure it and Twin Handguns will show up as a few Unique weaons (probably not as many or as easy to find as the PSO versions). Similar to how we know we have Boxing Gloves while there is no 'standard' Fisticuffs weapon.

I'm kinda sad to see Card replaced, but again, there might be Cards as Unique weapons... or it was abosbed by Slicers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakath Talyn View Post
    Both (Shotgun and Twin Handguns) can still be in the game as non-standard weapons.

Even though Twin Saber isn't listed, I'm pretty sure it and Twin Handguns will show up as a few Unique weaons (probably not as many or as easy to find as the PSO versions). Similar to how we know we have Boxing Gloves while there is no 'standard' Fisticuffs weapon.

I'm kinda sad to see Card replaced, but again, there might be Cards as Unique weapons... or it was abosbed by Slicers.
    The thing about mechguns is they seem much more LIKE dualies than in previous installments, so dont feel like your missing one, rather you have an amalgamation of the two.
    Illustrator! Pixel Artist!:

Svm Inimicus Mali

I won't say that Slicers have always been Force weapons, but Kyra from PS4 sets a strong precedent, and Forces tended to get the most mileage out of them in PSO, since Hunters and Rangers both had much stronger options for attacking multiple enemies. I'll be interested in seeing how they function this time around.