Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1118192021222324 ... LastLast

My reaction to the rollback?
    my reaction to the update really pisses me off because i just started friday and got to a level 25 my friends from school said they would help me out on the game so i gave it a shot so there i am playing i just got a milloin or so and got some S ranked weapons because of my friends. that day i was thinking about buying the ambitions of illisions package thing but know i am not so sure because of this ridiculios update and when you just get to play the game for the first time it really gives a bad impression so i really hope that they fix it or i wont ever play the game but i might when i have no other game to play which is pretty sad considering that i like all of my games for now and the only one i dont like is PSU and i normal never hate games i do give them a good chance but with phantsy star universes bull shit update i think i might break the dame cd or give it to a hobo to make some money off of it
    Last edited by mafia muffin; Dec 8, 2008 at 10:48 PM.

You know I'm not mad or upset at Sega at all. Know why? Stuff happends. Point blank. period.

If some data corrupted then thats out of their control. Its not their fault. Why hold them accountable? As far as you know they could have done everything to the "T" perfect but when the servers were booted back up something was just not in their control. Every had your personal hard drive just crap out on you for no reason? Was it your fault? No. Was it your computers fault? No. Shit just happends.

Hell it could have been the players fault trying to, I don't know; for example trying to add data to their item box while the server was going down. Then what? Blame Sega? Blame the GM's? No. So stop bitchching.

For those who took off of work to play a game...OMG are you dumb? Was it paid vacation? Yes? You got paid to sit down and enjoy a hobby. So what if it was in vain? It was only a day and a half.

Those who took off of work without paid time off. That my friend is stupid and you need to get your priorities in order. Why miss $65-$190 (depending on how many days you took off) to sit on your ass, eat Cheetos, and play PSU? You can only be mad at your self for that.

Now for the people asking why not just give the 20+ people back their stuff on an individual basis? t doesn't work like that. Think of it like this. And try to leave the $ part out of the equation (if you can comprehend that well) Say for instance you are in a retail store and spot a wrong price and want your item reduced to match the old price. Chances are the store is going to do it for you. Now apply that situation to 20+ people at once more than likely the store won't do it. If its one person here or there its cool. Now what if the GM's gave back these 20+ people back there stuff and in the future something else happends more 20+ people are going to expect the same treatment so on and so forth. That may not be the best example to get my point across but I hoe you get the point.

To those people who want to cry like a puss and quit over a days worth of roll back QFT! GO! Please! This is the second (maybe third) roll back in what 2 years? In my eyes this is a decent if not good track record considering this is SEGA and PSU. What I mean by this is just SEGA is this is not some baller company like Squarenix or Blizzard or yada yada yada. And this game is only PSU. Remember this game does not have a big budget. How many people have heard or even knows of PSO/U? Not many huh? Yeah. Get over it. MAybe PS is just that "cash cow" to add funds for other projects to help SEGA keep going. Quitting over a days worth of roll back? Dumb. Quitting over a weeks wort of roll back or something else to talk about I can maybe understand.

So the F what you lost 2 levels?! Big deal! The cap just came. You were no where near the new cap so QFT. Go play with your friends and get them back. Eventually you're going to see exp. full anyway, you're running a GBR that has 2!!! bosses. Go play!

Quit crying!

no buddy i went from level 25 to 1 so GFYS. so what excatly did you lose

Quote Originally Posted by mafia muffin View Post
    And this is nothing you can't make up in a couple of afternoons?

no because i have work, school, and etc none like others who spend there entire efing life on the efing game.

So, why even bother playing this game, or paying for the online portion, if you don't have time for it?

Quote Originally Posted by mafia muffin View Post
    you can't do it all over again, is that what you're saying?

Quote Originally Posted by Green_Bandit View Post
    *Snip*Quit crying!
    For all the the times you've said "Go play" it strikes me as odd you're still here and not practicing what you preach.

It's also been three rollbacks in just over a year, since the first one happened the day AotI came out.

SEGA's track record with this game (and any other incarnation thereof) is anything but "good." If you intend to argue otherwise you need to find another game to play. While I'll applaud RubyEclipse for not flipping us the bird and leaving us in the dark, this is a first. Not even ChillAura was as responsive, or as open about what was going on.

Is this the end of the world? No. Does that make it suck any less? No.

Quit crying about people crying and "go play."
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

I've removed the last few replies from this thread because they were off-topic. If you guys want to argue, use the private messaging system.

So may I ask then what were you reffering to when you brought up Chill? Because from the way you were typing it made it seem like you were reffering to this roll back (Which was the topic IIRC and Chill quit before this) Why bring up Chill if what he did was obvious and irrelevant?

But to the topic at hand While roll backs suck my point is it's life. I feel thats the price we as humans have to pay while dealing with computers. The system is no where near perfect so we have to always just deal with it.
    Last edited by Green_Bandit; Dec 8, 2008 at 11:36 PM.