Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Well, I suggest you stock up on anti-depressants for now. ;o

I've seen it all before - one of developers fall, the project you've been waiting for gets canceled.
    And then, after two years, only a couple of hardcores even bother to remember this.
    Yes.No

Quote Originally Posted by Aisha379 View Post
    For once, I...*gag*....agree with Saner.

TimeSplitters (and Future perfect, especially) are excellent FPS games that are more fun than 99% of the ones out now, and I'm going to be sad if there is no TimeSplitters 4 =(
    It's tough to admit as well, but Saner's right in mourning Free Radical's passing.

While I would never claim that TimeSplitters was better than Halo, it filled a niche and it was an excellent series (At least, 2 and Future Perfect were excellent - I never played the first one).

If you want to feel even worse about the loss of TimeSplitters, Kotaku has an article showcasing some of the concept art from TimeSplitters 4: http://kotaku.com/5114211/timesplitt...f-free-radical

Really, if you've never played TimeSplitters, I recommend picking up Future Perfect and fooling around with it for a while. It's a gorgeous, genuinely funny game with tight, yet chaotic gameplay. Unfortunately, it looks like it won't run on the Xbox 360, but for anybody with a Wii, you can get the Gamecube version for relatively cheap.

The thing that bothers me the most about this news is that a lot of the company's problems were tied to Haze, that mess of a Halo-killer they released. I think a lot of people could tell that game was going to bomb before it even went gold. I understand the need to branch out into something new, but I just think it was a misstep for them.

The Orginal Cast Supremist leblancdiaz's Avatar

Man this was one of the games I was looking forward to ever since I beat Future Perfect. Countless hours I spent screwing around with friends. The replay value alone is actually worth doing either solo or coop. The game alone was a masterpiece at it's time. It's one of the first play station games I ever owned next too Dark Cloud and to hear Free Radical closing it's doors is such as shame.

And to agree yes I played Haze actually liked it despite all the negative feedback. It was one of those games you either rent or bought like most of my games. Even with the bombing of Haze it's sad to see Timesplitters close it's doors for good.

Anyone remember Interplay? makes me wander whats going to happen to them.

Was Haze the reason they tanked, or it was a number of other things?

I have some good memories of playing Timesplitters 2 back in high school...

Timesplitters 2 was an awesome game, I remember playing it a lot with friends from University. Great little game for a laugh, very fun. It's sad to see Free Radical has closed doors, but this credit crunch period is affecting a lot of industries, so it's inevitable some won't survive it.

Next to go down = Midway?

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

Supreme Pantless Commander SpikeOtacon's Avatar

Stop Mourning, things aren't lost yet.

She's a summer love in the spring, fall and winter

Well its good theres still a possibility then =O

Lightbulb Final Fantasy XIII media and news source!

yup. it's finally happened. The recent trailer that simply tagged like 1 minute of new stuff doesn't count. the actual NEW material about FFXIII this year starts now! And there is a lot of stuff! Unknown when we will get to see the really NEW trailer, but with the demo a few months away, its great to learn a bunch more and see how it evolved over time:

leaked audio

http://www.ff-xiii.net/index.php?pag...io-Leaked--332

scans (3)

http://www.ff-xiii.net/index.php?pag...om-V-Jump--333

some details from someone's friend who attended the event:

"Apparently this trailer stars a new male character who has a "shota" like nature. We'll be expecting another feminine character as per usual.
    There is supposed to have been new never seen before battle footage with Snow fighting. They're defending the Pigtails girl.
    They summon Shiva during the battle shown. She freezes them using Ice magic and then runs them over in her motorcycle form.

Some new girl, has a bob cut style haircut? oriental style appearance. Seems to take a bit from Rikku in 10-2, that's the feeling she gives off anyway.

A lot of other characters are on screen too.

Lightning working on planning a prison break from where they're being kept; a restraint holding them from entering the main area of the Cocoon?. Lightning is planning it and Snow is taking leadership of the operation

Lightning is in a straight jacket or something. I think this is where it breaks into the original footage when they're on the train and she takes out some of the Cocoon soldiers.

Snow is talking about his ambition to protect Sera and the people of the world but apparently, according to Lightning, Sera has already been captured by the Fal'Cie.

Because of this Lightning belts Snow
    Lightning: You didn't protect her! did you! < or something like that

Snow: therefore I came to help!

Lightning puts down her fists.

They show the battle here.
    The battle is as flashy as it has been previously mentioned in small amounts in interviews etc.
    The quickness and motion in the battle is the most furious and heated FF has ever seen. They were thinking along the lines of FF7AC style it seems.

Shows a bit of the command, jumping is in the game as said previously but the writer of the blog says he was unable to tell how it happened.

In the Cocoon there is a warning voice being projected. It was hard to hear what was being said over the noise of the music etc.

Event scene:

Snow and Lightning help someone being taken away by a solider? Snow takes a Bazooka like weapon from a downed Soldier and delivers a counter attack.

By the way, Snow gives a machine gun to someone, the suspect being taken by the soldiers? She introduces herself as Vanilla.

Another battle, snow summons shiva and freezes stuff then completely destroys them all.

By the way, all voices are in the trailer now, for each character."

FF13 new characters
    - A macho person with orange hair, named トサカ (Tosaka)
    - ...something about blonde/fair hair... goggles... (wut)
    - Dark-haired female, looks like Lightning's sister or gives the impression of being Lightning's sister"

and scans of possibly the speculated first boss:

http://www.the-magicbox.com/0812/game081218a.shtml

considering the demo is about 2-3 months away, it's exciting to see so much more media and information!!!!!!!!!

Vanilla and lightning look so much alike, that I'd probably say they were closer to being related than whoever you mentioned last.

And isn't there a ffXIII thread?
    Life's a bitch and then you die.

The Orginal Cast Supremist leblancdiaz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eihwaz View Post
    Was Haze the reason they tanked, or it was a number of other things?

I have some good memories of playing Timesplitters 2 back in high school...
    No that can't be the reason, what I do recall hearing was something happened in the morning at Free Radical and what ever this reason was it shut there doors for good.