Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default tornado dance complainers

now that ive gotten my feet wet w/ my new FM, ive experienced first hand various players reactions to tornado dance. some use it too, some dont use it but dont mind me using it, some play as FM or FG themselves but simply choose not to use it, and others complain like crazy as soon as they see it being used.

first off, i wanna say that i understand everyone has the freedom to play the game the way they want to. if you want to play as FM but not use tornado dance, fine. if you want to play as newman WT, even past type lv 10, thats fine too. its its the players choice how they want to raise their character.

also, if the party leader wants to add a comment "dont go ahead" or "no tornado dance" "no FM" whatever, thats fine too.

but what upsets me are players who seem to think that using tornado dance automatically makes you an asshole and they act like you are breaking the rules. like its some unspoken rule to never use tornado dance, and try to stick together as much as possible.

now whats interesting about this is, the game itself encourages the exact opposite. the faster you travel around and clear the mission, and the more the party splits up, the more you are rewarded for it. so if psu itself favors clearing missions fast, it shouldnt be a problem for someone to play accordingly, right?

so if i join a random party that has no mention of tornado dance in the comment, wouldnt it make sense to go by the games rules at that point? why should one be expected to wait around for buffs, or purposely go slow in general? is the whole point of the game to keep everyone as close together as possible? as if there was a rubber band around the party and if you traveled too far apart, it would snap, causing everyone to fail the mission. i dont get it.

instead of bitching about a player trying his best, why not change something about yourself instead of throwing a fit and booting him from the party? you could use tornado dance yourself, or run ahead of the FM so you can get ready for a monster spawn before he gets there. or, you can take a different path than him, instead of chasing after him. take some responsibility for your own choices. its not fair to blame a player for trying hard at the game. you chose to be weak or slow in the first place, so deal w/ it.

after saying all this, it doesnt bother me as much as it may seem. i would just prefer if more players viewed tornado dance or trying your best in general as an acceptable way to play the game. psu is about killing monsters, making meseta and improving your char. its not the end of the world if someone does just that.

ive decided to always do my best and never lower myself to favor being slow and weak just so i can appease some players who get upset at the sight of anyone appearing strong . if someone in the party has a problem w/ me b/c i appear too fast or strong or "gung-ho" for their likings, fine. ill be happy to leave anyway since i shouldnt be wasting my time w/ someone like that in the first place. its a good way to weed out all half ass players who not only choose failure for themselves, but have to force it onto everyone around them.

tl;dr ver:

to those players who prefer to be weak and slow, over strong and fast, i think thats perfectly acceptable if you want to play the game that way, but please dont expect everyone else to automatically play by your rules. if you chose never to run in a soccer match and insisted on walking only, its not fair to make others feel obligated to do the same.
    Quit PSO2

I understand what you're saying and I think I've read enough of your posts to know your "PSU philosophy." Just remember that most people don't play that way--they play for fun, not to be the best, BUT they also want to get EXP. Also, most people party together because it's fun to play with other people. That's the difference between playing WITH someone and playing BESIDE them. I think most people expect their teammates to stay together and help them out. By running ahead, you give the impression that you're not part of the team and are taking all the EXP for yourself.

I know you have your own way of playing. In this game you're allowed to play how you want, but keep in mind that most people have different priorities and you're probably going to continue having this problem. If you want to avoid the problem, don't Tornado Dance ahead when playing with strangers. Or, just mention it at the beginning of the run so they understand how you play. If you don't mention it, don't be surprised if some people don't like it.

Sig art by Aussei ^_^

I think lots of PSU ideals (using the absolutely strongest attacks, moving as fast as possible and splitting up accordingly) get put on the back burner when people are trying to get EXP.

Though I definately think that they should put something in the comment if they have enough of a problem with it to boot you.
    (Dead server) :: Angra Mainyu : Ahura Mazda : Arbalest : Fischerspooner :: PSUpedia & Forums

Going by that one example given, Tornado Dance would actually be like drop kicking the other team's players in the face with your cleats to steal the ball; It's only going to make things slower because you have to stop everything and give the players a penalty kick.

If you were in a LOLSPEEDRUN group sure it's understandable to fuck shit up ASAP. But in a group of randoms, common sense dictates you don't want to spread the mobs into outer space and have players miss out on exp. Especially considering most of the time mobs won't be 1 shotted, unless I missed the memo on that one. But then again like Bea said, if they didn't put it in the comment they couldn't expect anything less. Though it's also within their right to boot you since it's their party.

But with your well known history as a selfish, "dedicated" player... I highly doubt any form of good intentions. Why don't you just go solo and stop crying about it? You can't piss yourself off because you're obviously the best ^______^ Or play with other people that care way too much about this game. Not everyone wants to be #1 top player DPS in PSU. Some people play for... gee, I don't know.

Fun. Visit your local library and ask for more information!

Also, in b4 flawed close minded retort

Quote Originally Posted by Syl View Post
    Going by that one example given, Tornado Dance would actually be like drop kicking the other team's players in the face with your cleats to steal the ball; It's only going to make things slower because you have to stop everything and give the players a penalty kick.

If you were in a LOLSPEEDRUN group sure it's understandable to fuck shit up ASAP. But in a group of randoms, common sense dictates you don't want to spread the mobs into outer space and have players miss out on exp. Especially considering most of the time mobs won't be 1 shotted, unless I missed the memo on that one. But then again like Bea said, if they didn't put it in the comment they couldn't expect anything less. Though it's also within their right to boot you since it's their party.

But with your well known history as a selfish, "dedicated" player... I highly doubt any form of good intentions. Why don't you just go solo and stop crying about it? You can't piss yourself off because you're obviously the best ^______^ Or play with other people that care way too much about this game. Not everyone wants to be #1 top player DPS in PSU. Some people play for... gee, I don't know.

Fun. Visit your local library and ask for more information!

Also, in b4 flawed close minded retort
    im no soccer expert but isnt it against the rules to kick other players in the face? its not against the rules to use tornado dance in psu, so that analogy doesnt work. maybe it would be like if a player had a really good shot that he could score goals easily w/, and he used it every chance he had. or a team that had a really skilled player and they would pass the ball to him often.

i agree w/ you about spreading monsters around and slowing down the party. of course thats a bad idea. i havent reached S3 missions yet, but ive been able to one shot medium and small monsters 30 levels above me for a while now. pretty much the only monsters i cant one shot yet are the big ones, so jarbroga wont knock em back anyway.
    Quit PSO2

This is exactly why I for the most part don't play in random parties, and keep missions I am leader of locked with a PW all my friends know.

Back during MAG, I went from Fighgunner to Acrofighter because two very unpleasant Fighgunners joined my party and then started to knock each and every enemy about the map spamming Tornado Dance like there was no tomorrow and like it was the only move they were capable of doing. I couldn't hit a damn thing, kept chasing stuff down only to watch it die in front of me before I could hit it. It is just so incredibly annoying to have people take over a mission like that. Kind of made me ashamed to have a Fighgunner when I encountered those two clowns.

Eventually I went back to Fightgunner and just recently over to Fighmaster. Love that damn class. Yes I do use Tornado Dance myself. It is not the only thing I use though. I just mainly reserve that technique for bosses and the bigger creatures. As far as just killing everything in one shot, I just stand back, let people get a few hits in and then swoop in for the kill. Haven't had any complaints on that so far!

Russia's Greatest Love Machine Rasputin's Avatar

Dear Tornado Dance users,

Fuck off.

Signed, Tornado Dance complainers.

I almost have Gravity capped so I'm gonna start using Tornado soon....if someone is bothered by it I'll stop, but I only really like to use it on enemies who don't really get blasted away by it. And sometimes, the knock-away is better than getting pelted by 90934 digas.

TD is mainly useful for killing off big monsters and bosses (as far as double saber PAs go).
    In my parties, we actually go faster if the mobs stay close. Spreading them out actually makes the run go slower. So if you are in a random party TDing, and the party doesn't like it, be curtious and stop, or leave it if you wish. Spiral Dance is a better PA for the Event (to me) anyway. You could start your own parties and TD all you want, even though I'm not sure many people would stay lol.

It's not wrong to TD all the time just like it's not wrong to Jabrogga everything, or whip everything. It's just annoying as other players to chase down all the now spead out enimies and kill them off one by one instead of as a group.
    Last edited by Seority; Jan 28, 2009 at 12:26 PM.

i get the feeling some of you didnt read my original post. im talking about using tornado dance for transportation, not for attacking. if someone was knocking enemies all over the place w/ tornado dance in my party and slowing everyone down, id be upset too.
    Quit PSO2