Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Just finished the game (and apparently got three character endings at once... huh), and... Arumat basically flattened the entire last dungeon on his own, except the final boss. For some reason, Reimi with 4xEnhance and using Crimson Squall was doing something around 7k damage per hit... And then she had her Critical Hit skill maxed on top of that. Said final boss felt very Dark Falz-ish, in the sense that it's an endurance test more than anything. The ending was kinda predictable - but it's not like this is a Metal Gear Solid or anything - though there was one thing they didn't really explain, and left it completely up in the air, despite that it's kind of important...

...So anyway, Synthesis is kinda funny. Save your Riot Potions, and synthesize four of them into a good spear for Sarah. 40% MP cost reduction during battle? Yes please. Infinite MP for the healer, ftw.

Same goes for 4x EM Bombs Synthesized into a melee weapon, heh.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

Quote Originally Posted by Kent View Post
    Just finished the game (and apparently got three character endings at once... huh), and... Arumat basically flattened the entire last dungeon on his own, except the final boss. For some reason, Reimi with 4xEnhance and using Crimson Squall was doing something around 7k damage per hit... And then she had her Critical Hit skill maxed on top of that. Said final boss felt very Dark Falz-ish, in the sense that it's an endurance test more than anything. The ending was kinda predictable - but it's not like this is a Metal Gear Solid or anything - though there was one thing they didn't really explain, and left it completely up in the air, despite that it's kind of important...

...So anyway, Synthesis is kinda funny. Save your Riot Potions, and synthesize four of them into a good spear for Sarah. 40% MP cost reduction during battle? Yes please. Infinite MP for the healer, ftw.

Same goes for 4x EM Bombs Synthesized into a melee weapon, heh.
    Hey, since you beat the game... what exactly carries over in New Game +? There were a few battle trophies based on Exact Damage, i.e do exactly 512 Damage with Baccus that have passed their opportunity to get. Does your level revert to lv 1 on New Game+? Do Battle Trophies carry over?

Battle trophies and monster data carryover, that's it. No items, skills, or levels carry over.

Weapon and spaceship data also carry over. Otherwise, though, as Ceresa said, it's just battle trophies and monster data. Items, skills, and experience don't transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceresa View Post
    Battle trophies and monster data carryover, that's it. No items, skills, or levels carry over.
    Cool, I was beginning to think I may have lost the chance for those "Exact Damage" Trophies. So getting monsters to 100% is pretty important in New Game+ to create those Monster Jewels.

Oh an one other thing... I read that a reward for Battle Trophies is a "Level-cap increase" what is the level-cap with and without that reward? I have most character's Voice sets ( 30% ) What is the requirement for the "level-cap increase"?

... you would think this information is in the Strategy Guide.

Lvl cap is 200, getting a character 50 battle trophies raises the cap to 255 for that character only.

75 is more voices

100 is 3 more CP.

You Need The D? Then You Need Me! Vitamin_D's Avatar

Finished it yesterday as well. I think Vesperia is WAY better, but the experience wasn't awful. I honestly think Tri-Ace was better in it's PS1 days though. In any case, doing end game stuff now. I always try and Beat Iseria (or Ehteral, whatever) Queen in VP and SO games.

I liked the game a lot more once I finished the main story. The battle system is really fun once you get some skill variety, which unfortunately takes a long ass time to get when you're watching cutscene after shitty cutscene after fucking shitty cutscene until your controller says fuck this I'm leaving. Probably never going to watch the crap story again. Ever. And I have quite a few more playthroughs planned.

Finished Universe mode as well, not that hard but not that fun either. Enemies get rush state so fast, and while that's theoretically a great thing for a challenge aspect (can't stagger them, can't interrupt their spells) it's a huge downer for the fun factor, since half your skill arts become ineffective as hell. Example being anything that knocks stuff in the air then hits, won't be usable half the time because of enemy rush. Ended up mostly spamming Stampede Slash from to 10 to 63 when I could use Celestial Sword as a finisher.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceresa View Post
    Lvl cap is 200, getting a character 50 battle trophies raises the cap to 255 for that character only.

75 is more voices

100 is 3 more CP.
    Thanx Is there a good place to farm Seeds later in the game? What I did on Lemuris was farm / harvest Bizzare Fruit and then save when I got 20... used them all and if I didn't get 4 or 5 "Potent" seeds I'd reload.

Do stats have a "max" value?

You don't farm seeds. You save 2 of every one, then synth into Potent quality Seeds. Use a potent attack on one weapon, potent int on another, potent hp on an armor etc. Then you use the duplicate skill from Seven Star ruins to duplicate those weapons and then put the duplicated items onto your good stuff. Duplicate seed = 11 clay, duplicate weapon =1. Usually get 12-15 clay per mining loop (15 mins~) so yeah.

Really really easy to get 9999capped atk/int with the philosopher IC weapons and 18% atk x 1-2. Farming tons and tons of fol with 1200% fol modifiers to buy a ton of tri-emblems (2mil each) to synth on all your gears is 200atk/int 100def/grd/hit per as well.

Of course this is kinda getting into Chaos Ethereal Queen gear lol, Galaxy one is a pushover.