Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

noo... noo...

You did not misunderstand. The words.

However! You have lost the complete picture.

With 1 and only 1 open slot. And nobody in the party are picking up item's.
    And She/He is the leader 'Red Dot'.

Where do you belive the 1st 'Red box' item will go to, when it's been Pick-up!!!

lol And there isn't the need to check out there head's. They know what they are doing.
    May be this will help (Rare counting, evo)

I have to say 90% of booting is all about greed.

Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

If it's set to "Give Finder", then that's the only way they're guaranteed the one item they want - and they have to pick up the item to get it. The only way that that guy is guaranteed if it's set to anything else is if everyone else is full on items, and if the person who randomly joins starts grabbing lots of stuff, then it's a given that he's not full on items, which means the guy with one open slot has lost his 100% chance at getting an item, and probably should have locked the party.

I see what you're saying now, and I get the big picture, but having only one open slot in their inventory so they can get that one item and hoping nobody else joins is a bit foolhardy though, in my opinion.
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!

My cure is start your own parties and sort all the asses out keep a list of ID's and GT thats what i do Black list is full they dont make it big enough
    although i may not agree with what you say
    i will defend to the death your right to say it

Quote Originally Posted by pinkace View Post
    I have only gotten booted twice in BP at the end. Overall, been booted like 4 times this whole event, twice because of picking up 'trash'.

I tried explaining to one host that Blackbulls sell for 55k at NPC shop and I have made about 4 million so far on this event selling them, and that you can sell all the -line items to NPC's and walk with an extra 100k every run... but he wouldn't listen. Sucks for him, I have made millions my way.

Aside from those four instances, everyone I play with is nice and even helps me pick up my junk by dropping it at the end of each block.

360 has a great community. The camaraderie is as good as if not better than Dreamcast.
    Problem with the Dreamcast was temptation. When you died on the Dreamcast you dropped your money and your equipped weapon. The current 360, PC/PS2 community would take a hit from what they are now if that little temptation was still around.

I got booted from BP once, I don't boot others though. Never had to. Most people that join in my party actually ask about what is ok to pick up and if there are specific things they are looking for may even let the group know before hand. That way nobody is surprised when it is picked up.
    Work hard, play harder.

If someone keeps picking up stuff I don't want, I just drop it while autorunning. If they do it a whole lot, I'll say something. I won't boot unless they keep doing it after I say something one or two times...
    (Dead server) :: Angra Mainyu : Ahura Mazda : Arbalest : Fischerspooner :: PSUpedia & Forums

I just drop the "crap" at the end of a mission. I'm on pc/ps2, so I type out "hey gimme a sec" before the boss or last gate or something. Then I drop it alllllllll right there. Who ever wants it, gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by Volcompat321 View Post
    I just drop the "crap" at the end of a mission. I'm on pc/ps2, so I type out "hey gimme a sec" before the boss or last gate or something. Then I drop it alllllllll right there. Who ever wants it, gets it.
    The thing is they think that they will miss out on their turn. Like if somebody picked up a Kerseline and it went to them, then the next rare was a Love Inferno the person who got the Kerseline would feel like they would have got the Love Inferno if the other person would have just left the Kerseline on the ground. This is where the problem comes in. I actually had a person give me a Shide-Misaki because he picked up an Olpad by accident and it went to me and the next item which was the Shide-Misaki went to him. I tried to tell him I wasn't going to boot him regardless, but he just wanted to keep the hunting clean so to speak.
    Work hard, play harder.

I always ask permission to pick up everything before I start doing it. Some people say no, so I leave the party, or host my own.

Quote Originally Posted by Darius_Drake View Post
    The thing is they think that they will miss out on their turn. Like if somebody picked up a Kerseline and it went to them, then the next rare was a Love Inferno the person who got the Kerseline would feel like they would have got the Love Inferno if the other person would have just left the Kerseline on the ground. This is where the problem comes in. I actually had a person give me a Shide-Misaki because he picked up an Olpad by accident and it went to me and the next item which was the Shide-Misaki went to him. I tried to tell him I wasn't going to boot him regardless, but he just wanted to keep the hunting clean so to speak.
    See when it comes to this, I just count it as an "oh well, coulda, woulda, shoulda".
    There was plenty of time to hunt the Love Inferno. I barely played during that time and got 3. People are just unlucky. Just like there is plenty of time to hunt EVERYTHING ELSE in the game. We had white day for what, 3-5 weeks? Plenty of time. Plus like I said before in past posts; Hunt solo, or with a partner willing to give up the rare your after. If you cant find anyone trustworthy enough to do that, solo. It's the easiest way to get rares. When I am bored and want to run with people, I don't worry about rares. That's just me, but if I'm hunting something that I want that bad, I solo. Every mission in this game is solo-able. (aside from Fissure's and missions that need 4, if you want the rare mobs).

Not that people are just 'unlucky', some people are extremely lucky in this game such as yourself I say. For ex. I've only seen 1 Guld drop in RoF s2 and it didn't come to me, and I know someone who got 2 Gulds in party set on random. I wouldn't run solo just to find it even if I wanted it so bad and if I had a partner then we'll need to find 2 drops of equal value to be fair. There are some drops you will never get even after doing 100 runs.

So, it does help to pay attention to what rares are being picked up to avoid running into booting problems, and always be cautious on what you pick up. If someone starts picking up olpad/copernia or Neptuline+ and the leader says nothing then it should be ok, if no one picks them up then better leave them where they are.