Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Its because its Japanese, maybe the DSi has some sort of region lock? My friend had trouble connecting to Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of time with his DSi and that was an import....
    Phantasy Star Zero Character:
    Tieria, Lv.67 HUcast
    Phantasy Star Portable 2 Character:
    Mr. Bushido, Lv.31 Human Hunter

That's what mainly pissed me off about the DSi, I couldn't connect to the internet anywhere outside my house, from my home though I never had any problems getting online.

---
    Currently Playing: Phantasy Star IV

Quote Originally Posted by Niered View Post
    It has been mentioned that a few games have had difficulty using their wi-fi with the DSi, though I highly doubt that this will happen when PSZ comes stateside. It most certainly isn't a problem with JP PSZ in a JP DSi or I'm sure we would have heard the fall out.

Not that I have to worry, I still use my vanilla DS Phat. Screw you kids and your newfangled tech!
    I'm sorry... I just had to "Awww..." at that. There's a guy who loves his dinosaur.

Don't worry. I still love my Phat, my DreamCast, my 2005ish HP pavilion, and my Pink DSLite.
    ...I hate my games...

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyLotus View Post
    I'm sorry... I just had to "Awww..." at that. There's a guy who loves his dinosaur.

Don't worry. I still love my Phat, my DreamCast, my 2005ish HP pavilion, and my Pink DSLite.
    Admittedly if I had the cash I would pick up a DSi in a heartbeat, I mean bigger AND brighter screen? Sold right there. But I'd hold onto my Phat if only for the ability to play all my GBA games, which incidentally is why I hold onto my GBA, so I can play all my GBC games...Although I don't think I ever have played any of my GBC games since I got a DS.

Ah well, someday I'll get to that. LoZ Oracle of Ages and Seasons are still my 2 favorite Zelda games of all time.

OF ALL TIME.
    Illustrator! Pixel Artist!:

As a owner of the DSi, I've never experinced any problems playing online with a few of my DS games. So maybe I did something right here or who knows.

A Worshipped Godly FOmar Quintus_The_Force's Avatar
    With Red Ring Rico In Episode 1 Ultimate Mode End Credits Hittin The Bong In My Icon and Makin Love

Quote Originally Posted by Akaimizu View Post
    Actually, I've seen the issue here before, but people were able to correct it. The big issue is that some people set up their DSi to work over WPA security. Because the DSi can do that now. The bigger issue is that the old games don't support it. What some people had to do, to get their games working correctly, is to set their DSi back to using either no security or just WEP security.

Kind of sucks, but I've had to live with that stuff for a while. Everything except certain machines I have can do WPA, but because of those machines, I gotta set everything to WEP.

I guess one solution is to have some USB Wi-fi Dongle to connect your DSi to in order to still set your main Wi-Fi router to the better security standard.

Yeah im basically ****ed because thats what my internet security is, WPA I think, both Mario Kart and Platinum do not support it, which means Zero will not support it.... or Animal Crossing for that matter... DSi FAILS IMO for Wi Fi gaming, so heres to Wi Fi'ing it up on DSi Zero WPA **Pounds Booze and smashes bottle on ground and leaves POed**

If your router security is WPA you wont be able to connect neither with a DS fat, you have to change your router security or deactivate it when you want to connect with the DS.

My case is different, it wont connect even with no security at all, and I'm using a fat.

A Worshipped Godly FOmar Quintus_The_Force's Avatar
    With Red Ring Rico In Episode 1 Ultimate Mode End Credits Hittin The Bong In My Icon and Makin Love

I dont know how to disable or change my routers security... so **** it!

On your computer in "RUN" Type "CMD" and hit enter.
    (If your on Vista or Windows 7 just type CMD in the search bar on the main "start" menu and hit enter)

When the black box comes up type "ipconfig" into it and run that.

Find your IP address (or IP address V4 if it lists both 4 and 6) in that list it gives you.

Type that into a web browser.

Type your roughters password and username. 99% of the time it defaults to-
    Admin
    Admin

Username
    Password

Find the options for wireless. Change some stuff and bam.
    Last edited by Nuclearranger; Sep 22, 2009 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Update
    If anyone needs help on PC hardware, building a computer, parts/pricing recommendation for PSO-2 please go to this thread:
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189487

Quote Originally Posted by Nuclearranger View Post
    On your computer in "RUN" Type "CMD" and hit enter.
    (If your on Vista or Windows 7 just type CMD in the search bar on the main "start" menu and hit enter)

When the black box comes up type "ipconfig" into it and run that.

Find your IP address (or IP address V4 if it lists both 4 and 6) in that list it gives you.

Type that into a web browser.

Type your roughters password and username. 99% of the time it defaults to-
    Admin
    Admin

Username
    Password

Find the options for wireless. Change some stuff and bam.

I told him this once before, but he says he doesn't have a comp. He's working on his blackberry.... =[

There is another way for him to get this info though, right?

----

Off topic- I'd but a DSi if I needed one, or if I had the money to waste on one. i don't mind having one, but the DSLite is just too good, atm. it's like getting WIndows 7 or Vista when you already have XP. (coinicidental pairing of subjects)

Visat and 7 are new, look good, and are alright, but XP is classic, and has few errors, and can be upgraded.
    ...I hate my games...