Thread: Bowling Tips

The Paradigm of Greatness Morpheo's Avatar

Default Bowling Tips

Hey everyone who bowls out there, I just recently added a new Burnswick Twisted Fury to my arsenal, which is great on a standard medium oil house pattern but I'm looking to get something for Heavier conditions that has good length and strong angular back-end. I've checked out alot of balls (lol) but one that appealed to me the most was the new Lane # 1 Massacre Red Death, has anyone thrown this ball yet? Just tell me what you think I should do, thanks
    GT: xfightGarx

360 servers: Morpheo

EU: 00018655

I came into this topic expecting casual bowling conversation. But, you, sir, have ripped my brain stem out, and punted it across the room. I congratulate you.

Crazy Awesome Old Potato Man Guy HAYABUSA-FMW-'s Avatar

Ditto.

I think you should talk more about your current one with the badass name:

Twisted Fury
    and
    Talk a little about what you already know of the other one you were considering, compare and contrast. Or link to some info on them if possible. Then we can help you think it over and get some votes on where to go next, change or whatever.

Haha I figured not too many people would understand my terminology, basically, the twisted fury is just a name of the bowling ball i bought, and as you may know, bowlers no awadays like to "spin" the balls, in order to give them hook further down the lane. This allows a more consistent throw, and leaves room for error if your throw is off a bit. Furthermore, the ball I'm looking to get has a greater tendency to generate more hook further down the lane, therefore making it ideal in case the lanes have more oil on them then usual. Proffesional bowlers bowl on heavilly oiled patterns, which are generally harder to score high on. Here is a "bowling ball reaction video" of the ball I'd like to buy:

And this is a video of the ball i currently own:

see if you can spot the differences in how the balls change directions when they get further down the lane, you will see the Red Death has a sharp angled shift to the pocket, while the Twisted Fury has more of a arch motion towards the pins.

Hope this clears up some confusion.

Have you checked out the Storm Premier (Virtual) line? They are designed for at least Medium-Heavy conditions.
    http://stormbowling.com/products/balls

I don't get to use many, especially now that I bowl much less often than I used to. I'm quite sad Storm swapped out their Paradigm series (amazing line, I own the Domination, which is in need of resurfacing).
    Oh, and it looks like in the video for the ball you want that that is a 2 lane private alley: WANT!
    Last edited by Ketchup345; Oct 24, 2009 at 01:58 PM.

Haha, yes the website bowlingball.com owns their own testing facility, they control everything and I really want one too! Anyway, I really liked the paradigm series too, in fact i named one of my psu characters after those balls. I also threw a Storm shift for quite some time, and really enjoyed that ball. One of my friends uses a virtual gravity and I like how it rolls, I may pick up either that or the Virtual energy..