Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aion

Quote Originally Posted by Akihito View Post
    I play Elyos on Israphel.

My characters name is Komatsu lvl 35 Chanter atm. I know a few other PSU players on this server side as well
    Haha, 31 Cleric and 26 Sorc on Elyos Israphel...I've met quite a few PSU players on this server, too. What a coincidence, man! My sub's currently inactive due to funds, but I may consider resubbing.

Also, every new MMO is a WoW clone because the World of Warcraft was the first MMO ever made. Basically if there's an XP bar, spells, classes, and quest givers, it's just like World of Warcraft. Man, where has creativity gone these days?

On a negative note, I really can't believe how bad the bot spam is, I mean...MY GOD.

On the positive side, even to naysayers, you'd be surprised how well optimized Aion is and can run on weaker systems. In fact, my computer, My brother's computer, and my bro's laptop can run Aion at high settings with higher FPS than WoW.
    Last edited by DreXxiN; Oct 24, 2009 at 09:00 AM.
    #1 International MAG+ TA Champion in PSU. Co-Founder of Royalz

Also, every new MMO is a WoW clone because the World of Warcraft was the first MMO ever made. Basically if there's an XP bar, spells, classes, and quest givers, it's just like World of Warcraft. Man, where has creativity gone these days?
    Chill out your sarcasm blasters, boyo. I'm not saying it's wrong to copy WoW by any stretch of the imagination--I mean, what are they supposed to look to as a template for success? Everquest? Or Neverwinter Nights? Of course not, WoW is the current "industry standard," just as Windows is the current OS standard, and any newcomer would be off their rocker to disregard everything done right by its immediate and most relevant predecessor. All I was noting was that the UI design and class models look remarkably similar.

Normally I don't really read the replies to my posts on PSOW, but you seem to have followed me to another thread with sarcasm blasters still turned up to 11, so I figured I'd give you an extra special pat on the head. Take it easy, yo. I may not be a big supporter of MMOs, but it's not like I'm sitting here hammering out the kinks in a plot to burn down Blizzard or NCsoft.

Quote Originally Posted by CupOfCoffee View Post
    Can I haz Cheezburgr?
    Hey, no worries, I wasn't targetting anyone in particular. =P. It was more of a thing for Akihito to catch on to; there's a person on our server named Greenbeard that is infamous for making false claims about the inspiration of WoW...he got such a rise out of the public channel I think he actually got a ban for it. xD

Though it does come to me as puzzling how people will consider me personally targeting them as an individual when I say something very vague without a subject matter. >_>
    #1 International MAG+ TA Champion in PSU. Co-Founder of Royalz

Quote Originally Posted by DreXxiN View Post
    Haha, 31 Cleric and 26 Sorc on Elyos Israphel...I've met quite a few PSU players on this server, too. What a coincidence, man! My sub's currently inactive due to funds, but I may consider resubbing.

On a negative note, I really can't believe how bad the bot spam is, I mean...MY GOD.

On the positive side, even to naysayers, you'd be surprised how well optimized Aion is and can run on weaker systems. In fact, my computer, My brother's computer, and my bro's laptop can run Aion at high settings with higher FPS than WoW.
    lol I've seen you and Seority about in various points in the game but was never 100% sure if it was you guys. I'm still 35 because I've been in the hospital and on bed rest for the next few days shoot me a buddy invite when your back

As for Aion; I'm loving it. Even at its core it has many similar mechanics to Warcraft, I've never been able to get into Warcraft however Aion has just enough differences to seperate the games. I'd say Warcraft is for casual players where Aion is for people looking for something with a lil more "zip".

The GMs have really stepped up the crackdown on gold spammers and botters in the past week. They added a new filter that cut out 90% of the spam and GMs are on 24/7 now banning any reports of gold spammers. They also announced today that they will be adding additional exp to quests to cut down on the "grind" factor of the game(less then 2% of the population is at the level cap atm I think.

Abyss PvP is also a blast too. Its anything goes in there. I'm in the number 5 legion on the server so I've been to many fort sieges, while their kinda laggy and crash prone their extremely fun and rewarding.

Also I havent seen Greenbeard lately, wonder if he left the "Beta Aion" to go back to "The first MMO" Warcraft. Kinda miss making fun of the troll
    Last edited by Akihito; Oct 26, 2009 at 06:46 PM. Reason: hit enter too early

Akihito 160FM/PT ~~~~~~~~~~Hanami FT~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[Retired]

Heres a couple screenshots from my experience

Spoiler!

Akihito 160FM/PT ~~~~~~~~~~Hanami FT~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[Retired]

Also playing Aion.
    I'm playing on the European server Castor, have a Templar lvl 36 and a Ranger lvl 25.

My templar, Ezodagrom:
    Spoiler!

And my ranger, Johana:
    Spoiler!
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Word.
    Cleric, Espoir
    Spoiler!

PvP is cool!
    Spoiler!

Templar, Jemima
    Spoiler!
    (Dead server) :: Angra Mainyu : Ahura Mazda : Arbalest : Fischerspooner :: PSUpedia & Forums

Haven't been to Abyss yet, but was all over Elton chasing Asmo rifts all day on my 24 Chanter, killed every one I encountered, had some help with a few of them.
    A Cleric had Rebirth casted on herself, after I killed her, I walked off behind a ledge to look like I left, she rezzed herself, then I quickly came in and finished her off before she could rez the other 3 asmo bodies in the area.

I went through one rift going to Asmodae... (not smart to go alone, lol) a Ranger found me, he wasn't doing well xD almost killed him, he was also drawing lots of enemies while he ran backwards and fired at me. But then he rooted me, ran away, used Hide...
    Few seconds after that, I got charged by some uber gladiator who rocked me.

Took some screenies before I went PVPin though

Spoiler!

Sounds more like WoW meets RYL and out comes a new concept. ^_^
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

I love fungie candy, I wish we could get it here on Elyos. Damn Halloween candy made me jealous, Sparkie candy SUCKS!

Spoiler!