Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

If you're still around, sure. Universe 2, team Testing, pass Bow. I don't know how easy it will be to see your damage though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pillan View Post
    If you're still around, sure. Universe 2, team Testing, pass Bow. I don't know how easy it will be to see your damage though.
    on my way. just let me hit the enemy u want to record so u can see it. Cast Ranger do approximately 10 Damage more with all guns then Newman Rangers.
    Last edited by GrimmDaReaper; Nov 17, 2009 at 03:26 PM.
    Phantasy Star Portable: Fully Completed.

PS Perfect title, lvl 120 Beast eng/jap import.

All Weapons
    All PA's
    All Classes Max.

My bow was dealing 41 damage at neutral to Badira with no PA (278 TP and 182 ATA). I believe Grim was dealing 38 to them with a neutral bow to Badira (correct me if it capped higher on the basic attack, non-critical).

We did a few shots with the Maverick Rifles and it turned out to have about as wide a gap as expected, so I didn’t bother devoting memory to the specifics.

So, yeah, it’s safe to assume that Cast is the best with all ranged weapons since as Ranger grows, the ATA stat will increase even more relative to the TP stat. Though there’s still a good chance that Newman will do more with bows against low level enemies if the damage value has to do with the ATA/EVP ratio and caps at ATP/5 and TP/5 and it doesn’t say anything about how a Cast Force compares to a Newman Force since the ATA multiplier is that low and the TP multiplier is that high.

Also, there's no need to compare charged shots and things like that, since it's just a multiplier of your damage without enemy DFP/MST into account, the same as every other photon art. The outcome should be about the same in that case. But feel free to brag about how high you can get it with a massive chain and double charge.
    Last edited by Pillan; Nov 17, 2009 at 03:06 PM.

Pillan when i get back we can test the gap between human cast and newman hunters against beast hunters.

All Weapons
    All PA's
    All Classes Max.

There's really no need to compare anything else as the rest of the game is basically identical to PSU in terms of racial output. We know how melee and tech damage works, so you can just look up the stats on the PSP2 Wiki. It's just the changes to range damage that left everyone going "WTF?!" because, you know, someone with lower ATP/TP shouldn't do more damage.

in which case its probably safe to say that higher ata affects the atk power of a ranged weapon.

All Weapons
    All PA's
    All Classes Max.