was fooling around in hard ruins the other day, and found a useful tactic against those magic resistant dimenians..

normally i would go all out and cast rafoie evertime against large groups of cyan dims.. but they do occasionally fail to pop out, leaving in me surrounded, and liable to be gang beaten to death...

but i found that like razonde, which can be casted before without fail, even before entering rooms of crowded dimenians, Gifoie works the same..

but the expanding swirling nature of Gifoie means it has a delay to hitting enemies.. I thought of exploiting this in attack combinations..and found that it works quite well..i.e just before getting in close range with an enemy, i cast Gifgoie, and follow its expanding perimeter, as soon as it hits the enemies i follow up with saber hits, from 4 hits with a gladius up to 8 (if they dont die) with a double saber.. sufficient good timing, and it works a treat..

also for really large groups, using again the delayed hits of gifoe i combine this with rabarta, and razonde (since you can cast other spells while gifoie is still in present) i.e. like cast gifoie, then rabarta, then gifoie, then razonde.. (i never reallly use much rafoie)..and it works wonderfully.. i did this at the waterfall room, when near enough the mid to get surrounded, and repeatdly combined Gifoie with other Ra spells (even with Rafoie, but that only hits enemies in front of you).. and emptied it in no time.. without a single enemy coming near me...esp since high level rabarta is liable to freeze enemies to be hit by gifoie again..

ahh.. okay ill end silly nilly rant.