Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

heres a little known secret all hunters suck in this game they get the short end of the stick you will never do as much damage as a force
    so if you want more damage use your fomar
    if you want a more powerful hunter use hucast
    if you want a hunter that can play support roles as well try hunewm or hunewearl
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Erk...FO's. Stealing my kills with their fancy fairy sparkles. Be men and use your fists!
    Quote Originally Posted by Elly_Belly574 View Post
    i have a PSP but its being a douche
    Quote Originally Posted by Majarra View Post
    SEGA is run by monkeys.

Quote Originally Posted by kirtblue View Post
    heres a little known secret all hunters suck in this game they get the short end of the stick you will never do as much damage as a force
    Completely off topic and not entirely true. I've played with a full MST FOnewm and have never broken 450 dmg with any tech in SH mode and in order to compete with some hunters with good weapons I need to spam techs like there is no tomorrow ultimately using almost all fluids, while the better PAs are multi-hit with high damage at a much cheaper price. While RAzonde is multi-hit it doesn't help that it only does mediocre damage (under 300 dmg ands hits 2x, 3x if lucky) on every enemy. I always used the Shifta/Zalure combo on my force.

Without Zalure, even Bite Stamp can already pump up the same if not better damage than a force, hits 3x for roughly half the PP. Not to mention Hadan Bite the strongest claw in the game is very easy to acquire and makes for a very good transition weapon. Just like there is tech resistance for monsters there is also damage type resistance.
    PSP2 Characters:
    Jun Lv.185 M-Newman H:10 R:11 F:28 V:30
    Shurelia Lv.76 F-Newman H:1 R:1 F:5 V:16

Ive recently started a Hunewearl alt to compare with my Humar. I am very impressed with the techniques in comparison. So much that i wondered if my Hunewearl could put a wand, rod or slicer to work full time and still display decent damage.

Lastly, I'm a bit in the dark here when it comes to mats and mags. I want to even further supplement her high EVP, Keep decent techniques without completely gimping my damage. My Humar ran on a 3/4 ATP-1/4 ATA mag and my Fo has a 3/4 MST - 1/4 ATA as well as a full MST. I plan to build my little lady her own mag, but my intentions were to borrow one in the process.

Thanks again for the great info.
    You all have been so helpful!

Edit: Fixed mistyped Mag spec
    Last edited by digitalmasterc; Jan 13, 2010 at 12:35 PM.

While a HUnewearl can play as a techer the lack of Zalure and lv15 techs make it hard to do decently in SH mode, where monster resistance, DFP, and HP rise dramatically. They are adept slicer users and are able to switch between a physical/magical setup if you have the proper gear. Though as any hunter, they can deal out better damage in the physical route.

Lv10 zonde is still very powerful especially since it has multi-hit, status, requires little aiming, and a very good partner for the slicer PA Bright Sign.

Her EVP is high enough not to need more boost to it, because even though it is a godly stat we are still dealing with the "hidden" luck stat. Those mags are ideal for her although at higher levels ATA becomes obselete when you reach the ideal amount.
    Last edited by sylwyn; Jan 13, 2010 at 11:46 AM.
    PSP2 Characters:

My plan is to stack Guard and Hit materials and use a mag to increase my ATP or MST depending on which i need. Is this a decent strategy?

Only two more quests till Hard and I try a Hucast on my roommates cart.
    I dont remember my Fo being this difficult

Should flip and put materials into offensive stats, because base ATP/MST effects shifta and the dmg formula more. Materials add to your base stats whereas a mag, being equipment adds to additional stats.

But yea, a FO may have it easier in N - H mode but those modes are very easy to begin with anyway. SH mode FO melee is no longer viable without sacrifice and the fact that no monster is afraid of tech weapons doesn't help, along with the fact that most monsters become weak to only one tech. Although this helps your palette alot it is considerably harder on the female FO because of this.

Although it is alot a easier to suck as HU/RA in this game, due to the tech damage formula, there are alot more ways to increase damage and variety as a HU/RA.
    Last edited by sylwyn; Jan 13, 2010 at 01:06 PM.
    PSP2 Characters:

Hmm. Unfortunately, your right. I was hoping to build a 3/4 ATP - 1/4 Mst Mag for ATP weps and a Full Mst for use with Force Weps. I guess i'll have to reconsider my balance between Mst/ATP. It would do me little good to have it the way i originally planned.