Default Virus on my PC! help!

So i have this stupid virus on my computer in the form of an antivirus - adware software, it repeatidley scans and tells me to purchase the full program to remove the adware. its really annoying i can barley conect to online sometimes.

I have tried to delete the program in safe mode and it wont show up on the add or remove program list, and when i try to delete the programs folder itself, it wont let me and tells me i dont have permission.

i have tried to do a system restore but there are somehow no restore points of earlier times.

i tried downloading adware online, but whenever i double click any icon, whether its rhapsody, a random folder or whatever, it brings me to the "choose which program youd like to open this file with" window, and the only option it gives me is windows explorer.

does any one have simple help or is it not so simple? any point in the right direction would be great.

thank you

Jail bait - 87 FoMarl

PSZ FC - 4855 6634 3875

Is the name something like antivirus soft? Give me the name of the program listed by the malware (malware being the proper term in these circumstances), and I'll try and help.

Windows security Tool is the nae of the program i have windows but this wasnt on my computer yesterday lol

Jail bait - 87 FoMarl

PSZ FC - 4855 6634 3875

Sorry, that's not what I had. My suggestion, if you know anyone with IT experience, beg them to help. If that doesn't work, hire someone to fix it. The first one is what I did with the problem.

I had something similar to this the other week.
    My first suggestion is to download "Ad-aware" and "Spybot - Search and Destroy". Install them and run them in both Normal mode and in Safe mode.
    PSO2 - Sen, Xecty

I've had IT experience.
    First: Do you happen to have, or be running PSO /blue Burst?

EDIT: Alright, down to buisness. I've been through this through and through again. And they're allways different. As in, where they attatch, and target your files on your computer. Now this can come from downloaded files off the internet, looking at photos on Myspace or Facebook, and even playing games on your computer. Now, I'm going to be writing down steps. Just follow allong and should work. Works for me 95% of the time. Ok, here we go:

-step one-
    Think of the last time you downloaded something off the internet. As in music, pictures, or even e-mails. If you want to view these. Click on the START button on the Windows bar, and Click Recent Items.(I'm using Vista). Now if you can think back when you got the virus, and if you downloaded anything during that time. Delete those Files. Now try going into Control Panel>Uninstall Hardware> Then your adware file.If this doesn't work, try step two.

-step two-
    Now if step one didn't work, that means your virus is likely attatched to computer files. No worries, this can be fixed. First step is to create a restore point. Once that is done, go here: http://free.avg.com/in-en/download?prd=afg . Trust me, it's not more adware. It's a program that targets these files that are attatched to other files and eliminates them. It work great, as I personally use it myself. Once you have download that program, click and open it. Go up to tools> Scan Computer. This will take a little while, like 20-30 minutes. Depending on how many files you have on your computer. Once it's done. You should see a virus in the "Virus Vault". Then just hit DELETE Button. Restart your computer, and vwollaaa, it's fixed. If that doesn't work, go to step three.

-step three-

Many people have been asking this question, "I just installed BB on my computer, and now I got a virus!" Some programs as in Windows Defender,search and destroy bot, and AVG will think that the BB server and program files are viruses because they are being hooked up to a server exchanging your information. Thinking it's your personal info, because it doesn't know the difference. So if thats the case, please delete you BB(Blue Burst). Because I've been through that by experience.

If this didn't work, let me know. I will help you out more!

Well, I hoped I helped. GOODLUCK!!!
    Last edited by GULD&MILLA; Apr 20, 2010 at 10:05 AM.

thanks for the reply, i have tried downloading AVG but when i click to install the program, nothing happens. this has happened /w all new downloads sincethevirus. ill download avg, then the setup icon onthe desktop appears, i click to open it, and it brings to mea window asking me what program to use to open up the program, but they give me no choices to openthe program except for windows explorer. any ideas?

thanks

Jail bait - 87 FoMarl

PSZ FC - 4855 6634 3875

These Virus's are usually called zombie/ or dummy viruses. They do cause potential harm. So the best bet is ALLWAYS go into safe mode. And, the only way that you are able to get rid of it COMPLETLY is to do a System Restore. These Viruses cling to your VERY important Documents in your WINDOWS computer file. Which causes the virus('s) to take crucial information and to delete, or corrupt these files. Causing your computer to slow down significantly or not work at all. To do a system restore, follow these steps.

-System Restore is not intended for backing up personal files, so it cannot help you recover a personal file that has been deleted or damaged. You should regularly back up your personal files and important data using a backup program.

•Open System Restore by clicking the Start button , clicking All Programs, clicking Accessories, clicking System Tools, and then clicking System Restore.* If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

If this doesn't work, What you will have to do is wipe you Hard drive completely of any information you might have on it. If you have important data on it you would like to keep. Save those files onto a memory stick, or CD.

Now, Once you have wiped you Hard drive clean. Insert you Windows disc. RE-Install Windows Vista(OR XP) to your computer. Once that step is completed. Insert your USB Memory stick, or your CD and withdraw you data from there.

Please let me know if this helped. Good luck!!!

Get Avg. Also You can restore you windows system to a earlier date. once you computer is clean make sure you have avg or a cool little program called uniblue keeps your comp clean and running fast.
    ....KsE