Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I hope it lasts long. I'm kinda getting a PSP almost exclusively for this game. I don't want to waste over $200 on this. Apparently it will, according to what everyone's said, and it better be so.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Astra View Post
    I hope it lasts long. I'm kinda getting a PSP almost exclusively for this game. I don't want to waste over $200 on this. Apparently it will, according to what everyone's said, and it better be so.
    The on-line mode will definitely make it last long. Having a community to play with has it's benefits *looks at chat link*

The main problem that a majority of new PSP users will come across are the controls; it will take some time adjusting for long hours of play.

Other than that, nearly over 600 hours so far and I'd have to say it compares to the likes of a Monster Hunter game (big fan), oh snap did I just say that?

Yeah...
    [LEFT]PSO2「香織」RA48 /GU36/HU33/FI16/ SHIP 09

@Typestatic: Well, if that's the case, then I guess it'll be good. (Big fan of MH Tri, only MH game I've played.) I actually play on getting the next MH game that comes out for PSP, since I'll have one.

If you're getting a PSP just for a single game, it'll be better to spend it on something more useful.
    Last edited by ashley50; Jul 4, 2010 at 01:02 AM.

@ashley50: Yeah, I've been wondering about how good of a decision this is. However, I figure that there'll always be some more good games to find, so it will probably be worth it in the end.

FF7 crisis core is a good game if your looking for more. Plus FF7 is on the PSN now for download.
    Reality hits like a baseball bat, duck-taped to a bus thats moving very fast!
    Japanese body pillows - Why not go the next mile and buy a blow up doll?
    Old people, they may look friendly but can you really trust them?
    Light-Blessed Crusader's Divine Rainbow Hand of Just Righteousness
    http://www.vat19.com/dvds/worlds-largest-gummy-bear.cfm

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

I'm getting a PSP for Xmas and there are a lot of games I want for it, PSP2 is included in that list.

Quote Originally Posted by kongajinken View Post
    Plus FF7 is on the PSN now for download.
    8 and 9 as well.
    トビ~

My issue with PSP2 was the huge advantage Bravers, and Casts get. In PSP2 it was easy to find the best options, and after level 70 or so (unlocking the super powerful C-grade items, and EX Traps) the game played more like PSU.
    Vanguard Race Guide ~ Japanese DLC In All Regions
    Announcement from SEGA: There are minor delays on ships 1~10 due to a signal failure. All other lines are running a good service.

Quote Originally Posted by Izuna View Post
    My issue with PSP2 was the huge advantage Bravers, and Casts get. In PSP2 it was easy to find the best options, and after level 70 or so (unlocking the super powerful C-grade items, and EX Traps) the game played more like PSU.
    I know you know the following but this is more for the others.

For full party play, 4 Bravers is highly NOT recommended. Instead you'll want 3 HU's and 1 BR. For missions that forces the party to split, (HSM, maybe some others) you'll want 2HU's and 2BR's. The HU's drop traps for the BR's.

For solo play, there are a few missions where HU does better than BR, but not many. Keep in mind that a single EX Trap is more powerful than an SUV/Mirage Blast. Nanoblasts don't count since they are 90% fun and 10% useful.

As far as race goes, all races can play braver well, although I personally think Beast is the worst choice while Female Newman and Female Cast are the best choices. Newman vs Cast depends on the mission, and there are many missions a Newman Braver will outperform a Cast braver, vis versa as well.

PP is HUGE for Braver since most melee costs more for BR (lvl 21+ melee skills usually have lower PP costs than lvl 20 melee skills). Beasts not only have the worst PP, but their crappy ATA makes it so they cannot use twin handguns effectively for chaining (which is crucial). Do not underestimate Cast PP regen. Your PP should rarely be full during a difficult mission. This allows casts to easily use the most PP throughout a full mission.

Forces suck until you get end-game weapons which is very unfortunate. Even after they get end-game equipment you'll have a lot of difficulty keeping up with HU or BR. Rangers are pretty MEH since HU and BR can chain just as well as a ranger can and no one uses guns for damage.

A big reason why PSPo2 is unbalanced is the following concept. Unlike melee, guns and techs don't scale to chains as well as melee does. For example, lets take Blade Destruction vs Twin Handgun Charge shot on a single target.

All numbers are estimates to show the concept.

Off of a 2-chain:
    Blade Destruction - 750x4 + 1000x4
    Twin Handgun (with lvl 2 charge) - 800x4 + 550x4

Off of a 14-chain:
    Blade Destrucion - 1500x4 + 2000x4 + 3500x4
    Twin Handgun (with lvl 2 charge) - 1600x4 + 1600x4 + 1100x4

Blade Destruction not only does more damage to single targets in which Twin Handguns have the highest dps for a gun for a single target, but Blade Destrucion also hits 4 targets. Melee damage is also largely "rear loaded", where the last part of the PA does the most damage. This allows long chains to double the strongest part of the PA whereas guns will only allow you to do the same charge shot a couple more times.

TL;DR: Bravers are bomb for solo. Hunters and Bravers are good for online.

I plan to make an endgame tutorial for this game (mostly focused on Braver). Let me know if anyone would find it interesting or use it when they play PSPo2.
    Last edited by Lolitron; Jul 4, 2010 at 07:11 PM.
    www.xat.com/psp2 to chat about psp2 and to run with an english speaking psp2 community.

【JP PSPo2:i】 [FNewm Lvl83 FO11] [FDewm Lvl90 FO12] [FCast Lvl200 HU30 BR30] [FBeast Lvl198 HU30 BR 28]