Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    A Worshipped Godly FOmar Quintus_The_Force's Avatar
    With Red Ring Rico In Episode 1 Ultimate Mode End Credits Hittin The Bong In My Icon and Makin Love

Unhappy PSZ is DEAD and Dragon Quest IX killed it!

Ever since I bought DQIX my roomate and I have been playing MP nonstop! not even thinking of PSZ, no desire to play it now

Anybody else have this problem? Should I be ashamed?

Maybe Sega will make Phantasy Star 5 one day (and it could be turn based multiplayer just like DQIX)
    Last edited by Quintus_The_Force; Aug 12, 2010 at 06:19 PM.

Too bad DQIX doesn't have online multiplayer :\

Oh, and it's natural that PSZ would slow down like it has, but I wouldn't say it's dead.

A Worshipped Godly FOmar Quintus_The_Force's Avatar
    With Red Ring Rico In Episode 1 Ultimate Mode End Credits Hittin The Bong In My Icon and Makin Love

Quote Originally Posted by Cire39 View Post
    Too bad DQIX doesn't have online multiplayer :\

Oh, and it's natural that PSZ would slow down like it has, but I wouldn't say it's dead.
    yeah no online MP is a bummer

(i meant dead as in i dont see myself turning it on anytime soon)

u say PSZ is slowing down, its really not, i can count about 10+ new members to the msn zero in the last week, its just the forums that are slow, so there is ur problem
    | MSN Phantasy Star | PSP2 | Neah HUbeast (F) 122 | Zhai FOcaseal 133 |

I don't blame you for being wrapped up in this game; it's great. And yes, it's a real bummer that there's no online multiplayer. D: But I wouldn't say that it killed PSZ. Quite frankly, it's been slowing down for a while, anyways... you could say it contributed to it's condition, I suppose, but that'd be a bit much, I think. :3

I have recently purchased DQIX and I also have stopped playing psz. Though there are new people starting to play psz, there are even more people that are probably putting the game down. I think the game is declining slowly but surely. Too bad though....I actually enjoyed playing for 6 months.

Rappy Guild / Blue Rogues PSZFann's Avatar

i have had the game since last November when it came out where i live and i have played hard core the whole time and the most time i have played was probably in the last two months so dont try to tell me its slowing down. I belive that its going in wavelike patterns, the popularity goes up, then down, then back up... and so on and so on
    PSZ FC: 1290.8911.5841
    PSZCharacters: FOnewearl Lv53 HUnewerl Lv9 RAmarl lv41
    PSP2characters: lv61 Hunter and lv71 Vanguard
    PM me if you wana play!!

No, my DS broke. I wouldnt be playing much DQ9 anyway because I dont know anyone irl to play it with... Megaman star force 2 and Bleach Dark souls is what took away my interest in this game... that, and making every build possible while getting nothing but crap from the treasure boxes...
    Respekt.

AKA Sapphire of Chaos Chaos Rappy's Avatar

I would stop playing this game if I stopped getting rares that hold little meaning to me and the hope they could be useful to other people in the hopes to get things more meaningful too me but less to other people, AKA, I play to help perpetuate the trade scene, to keep business smooth and to help other people keep playing in the end.

I see this almost as if I'm some sort of non-positive displacement pump for the piping of this community, with everyone else being the fluids (or finely divided solids, if you catch my joke XP) going through a closed loop system. Of course, with too much external losses, I'm not going to be able to keep everything going smoothly forever. Eventually, the community will slowly "leak out" of the system and there'll be nothing I can do for it. It's how things are... Of course, as far as I'm concerned, I still feel the need to play this game so long as other people are willing to play it (hence why I said I'm a "non-positive displacement" type of pump; they rate at which they increase flow is the amount of flow going in, basically). If too many people give up, though, I may end up leaving too, but I can't see that happening in the meantime. ;P

(Wow, I have such a typical Machinist's Mate mindset right now. >_>)
    Last edited by Chaos Rappy; Aug 14, 2010 at 10:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rappy View Post
    I've been a statistical exception as far as anything has proven to me.
    That's an understatement...
    ~Keeper of 1000 Rappy Souls~
    TSV's: X - 0401, Y - 0845, AS - 1277

A friend of mine just got this game as a gift, that's another player. ^_^ I hope it doesn't die down yet, because I still have some rares I want to find.